​👋 from Iowa

mediumstairs

Long overdue introduction. 🙏 I've been absolutely loving FOH and what an invaluable resource it has become over this past half-year. I just started smoking cigars consistently about a year ago. Cubans have hit my radar in the past half of this last year. They have taken over my interest in NC's by a long shot. Sitting on over 1500+ cubans now and dipping into my relatively small NC stash is now less than common. Maybe these incoming n1's and n3's will change that a little. 👋

I live in Des Moines, Iowa but work remotely for a Chicago based company dealing in the technology side of Art and Design auctions. This is fantastic as it tends to me the freedom to explore my cigar collection when the weather cooperates. So far long and skinny is my jam — stocked up on five boxes of PLMC and loving Monte Esp. 2 and what MdO4 I've been able to scrape up as singles here and there. Other favorites include HUHC, Mag 46, RyJ Cazadores, and JLP1.

Thanks to @El Presidente and @Ken Gargett for all the countless hours spent putting together video and other content for people like myself who are eager to learn and explore cuban cigars — not to mention all the colorful language I've learned (e.g. "cracking", "ball-tearers" etc). Also, special thanks to @WarriorPrincess for her constant attention during the daily 24:24 races. :) You all do amazing work please keep it up! 👏🏆:cigar:

Looking forward to more participation in these forums now that the obligatory ice breaker is out of the way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to FOH.  I grew up in Des Moines and now live in Cedar Rapids.  FOH is exactly the awesome place you describe it to be.  Having terrible winters and lack of indoor smoking establishments allows our CCs to rest longer than most so for that I guess we are blessed :)

• 4 weeks later...