Ramon Allones Band on an Allones Edicion Limitada 2019 - Input Needed

BDSpiritual1

Hey everyone,

Looking for the forums help. 

A friend and I were discussing some things we noticed between 2 different sets of the same cigar and were looking for some insight.

We both have a box of the Allones EL 2019 that we got from a brick and mortar over here in Canada but when comparing to someone else's that was suggested in a trade, we noticed a few differences between those and ours and now we aren't sure which might be the problem child.

My ask to the forum would be if anyone has some of the Allones EL 2019 in your possession, can you please check the following and advise?

When compared to the RASS or something with the same sized Ramon Allones band, can you please help confirm your observations:

1. If you EL's band is the same size as the other RA band or bigger?

2. If you can slide off the RA band in the EL, is yours straight cut or diagonally cut?

The ones we got from the brick and mortar should be 100% genuine but now we aren't sure if it's just Cuban being Cuban or something else! This is the one box I never got from FOH so it's hard for me to compare.

Ive added some pictures for reference

Same size band

PXL_20220116_154954006.PORTRAIT.jpg.e987e73ecc5abb810701f97e755e8893.jpg

PXL_20220116_155131355.PORTRAIT.jpg.0f2e4e93e5c4ae87777bd6567754a6d9.jpg

2 RA bands on the right are bigger

IMG-20220116-WA0005.jpg.e373be9e755fd17f6a32ba2d9c503c43.jpg

The one on the right is bigger 

IMG-20220116-WA0003.jpg.5deff37fb8f68df513b62e2a86c82936.jpg

This band is diagonally cut

IMG-20220116-WA0004.jpg.44668aaa3edb0b301705dbceb2bc9be8.jpg

Sorry, I have no clue if they are real of not, but yes the two "bigger" are noticeably bigger, and the bands look more sloppily made, the gold dot rings for example are not as clearly defined. But yes could also be the picture or as usual indicative of inconsistencies in production and not necessarily foul play. I guess you will need to smoke them and decide after

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was really hoping someone with the Allones EL could help by checking their stash.
Aside from the variances, everything else seems legit. All the embroidery on both sides of the labels seem good. It's a very strange observation.

Try to smoke it. Usually a fake differs in taste
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you everyone for the input as this is a real head twister!

It's so strange to see that the diagonal cut along with the same size band as the RASS came from a certified brick and mortar store where the bigger band with the straight cut did not.  

Online, we did see reference to the bigger band on the EL being accurate so it's so strange that the store that should be getting all it's Cuban inventory from the one supplier within Canada would be the odd ball of the bunch. 

I appreciate all your help!

• Like 3