Aladino Corojo Elegante 2021 (XNYRW6)

Very nice review! I have seen these in shops and never grabbed one, but now I will. I also like Tatuaje a lot, so if this brand is in the same league for you it is definitely worth a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just posted yesterday in the daily smoke thread about how Aladino has been making some great cigars lately, so I was happy to read this review! 

I recently picked up 2 boxes of the Corojo Elegantes as well, in addition to 2 boxes of the Aladino Habano Elegante Vintage Selection (planning to age 1 of each box). I have a feeling these are going to age quite nicely!

OP, if you haven't already - check out the Aladino Habano Vintage Selection, if you like the Corojo blend then I'm pretty confident you'll be a fan of the Habano as well!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I just posted yesterday in the daily smoke thread about how Aladino has been making some great cigars lately, so I was happy to read this review! 

I recently picked up 2 boxes of the Corojo Elegantes as well, in addition to 2 boxes of the Aladino Habano Elegante Vintage Selection (planning to age 1 of each box). I have a feeling these are going to age quite nicely!

OP, if you haven't already - check out the Aladino Habano Vintage Selection, if you like the Corojo blend then I'm pretty confident you'll be a fan of the Habano as well!

I've had one of the robusto and enjoyed it quite a bit too.

If you've tried the Corojo Reserva (not the Corojo), I'm curious what you think. From what I recall I actually got some major RASS vibes off of it, with some tart plum notes, which I was surprised by. I'll have to try out an elegante from that line as well given how impressive the corojo elegante was over the other vitolas for me.

EDIT: oops, Corojo Reserva has no lancero, but I just got in today some of the No. 4 coronas. Will have to hunt down some Habano Vintage lanceros though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, philipl said:

I've had one of the robusto and enjoyed it quite a bit too.

If you've tried the Corojo Reserva (not the Corojo), I'm curious what you think. From what I recall I actually got some major RASS vibes off of it, with some tart plum notes, which I was surprised by. I'll have to try out an elegante from that line as well given how impressive the corojo elegante was over the other vitolas for me.

EDIT: oops, Corojo Reserva has no lancero, but I just got in today some of the No. 4 coronas. Will have to hunt down some Habano Vintage lanceros though.

Yes I have had the Corojo Reserva before but it was a year or two ago and I remember I loved them as well! I can't say that I specifically remember RASS similarities but I do recall them being extremely complex. It would make sense though because RASS is probably my favorite Cuban Robusto!

Fortunately I just picked up a couple boxes of the Corojo Reserva Toro so I will be revisiting soon. 😁

*Thank you, Philipl. I'd been curious about Aladino cigars and now that I've read your review I will definitely make it a point to acquire and try some out. Honduran tobacco was my good ol' standby tobacco, but after sampling a steady diet of Cubans they began to taste like dirt to me. I will give these Aladino's a try for myself and see how they are!  :thumbsup:

It's totally up to your personal palate! I should say that I have previously observed that the creaminess of Aladino is slightly sour and a touch dirty when compared to the clean creaminess of Cubans, so you might still think it tastes like dirt depending on how sensitive you are to that note. The bigger vitolas can also get a bit of a strong mineral note to them, which I think is common to Honduran tobacco in general, but this lancero didn't have any of that.

• Thanks 1