Newest C&C Haul. Partagas Shorts and HdM Du Deputes

NW_Oregon

Just stocked my cart for my next order and included a couple party shorts to try for the first time since I see them mentioned very favorably pretty often on the several forums I belong to.

Have had a handful of the Deputes, but just didn't care for the short size and small rg.
I am retired and have all the time In the world to smoke my Cigars, so I rarely buy any of the smaller offerings.
I prefer the 1 hour plus size smokes, in the 5 by 50 rg range mainly, give or take a bit

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smbauerllc said:

Just stocked my cart for my next order and included a couple party shorts to try for the first time since I see them mentioned very favorably pretty often on the several forums I belong to.

Have had a handful of the Deputes, but just didn't care for the short size and small rg.
I am retired and have all the time In the world to smoke my Cigars, so I rarely buy any of the smaller offerings.
I prefer the 1 hour plus size smokes, in the 5 by 50 rg range mainly, give or take a bit

Ahh see I like smaller smokes, I prefer to smoke a couple sticks in a night to get some variance on flavor profiles so a short panatela or a minuto is perfect for me. Plus I tend to smoke small ring gauge sticks slower anyways so I can get close to an hour out of one of these.

you really should give the shorts a try though, they're a cut above the rest of the coronas from partagas in my opinion, tons of flavor in a little package.

The often neglected Du Maires are stunningly good for such a tiny package.     I forget about them for a while since they are so small and then pick one up and they amaze me with their flavor every time.     My current box is a TEO December 2017.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NW_Oregon said:

The Hoyos need some time to develop, bit of that sweet cream profile, but they still have a bit of a herbal wood component that should mellow with time

I love that wet wood flavour of the younger du depute. It is rather unique. I much prefer it to the dry wood you get in other hoyos.

3 hours ago, Cairo said:

The often neglected Du Maires are stunningly good for such a tiny package. 

So flavourful for such a small smoke. They're like a stronger more concentrated version of the du depute to me.

• Like 2

I think everyone should have Parti shorts on hand or should I say everyone does have them on hand. Such a staple in so many humidors. It's the short story of the Cuban cigar world.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/19/2021 at 8:12 PM, Bijan said:

I love that wet wood flavour of the younger du depute. It is rather unique. I much prefer it to the dry wood you get in other hoyos.

So flavourful for such a small smoke. They're like a stronger more concentrated version of the du depute to me.

Hmmm, might have to take the plunge.  I’m partial to short smokes, and your tasting notes usually click for me. Would you go a box of deputes or Maires if you had to choose one?

2 minutes ago, Shrimpchips said:

Hmmm, might have to take the plunge.  I’m partial to short smokes, and your tasting notes usually click for me. Would you go a box of deputes or Maires if you had to choose one?

Deputes unless you get a real deal on the du Maires, due to value. I average 35 minutes on a Depute and 20 minutes on a du Maire and the prices are not that far apart. Unless of course a 20 minute smoke fills a niche in your smoking schedule.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just smoked a SEP 19 du député.

45 minutes.

First third was very strong spice and some cedar.

Second third was a sharp transition to vanilla and cream with some citrus.

Final third was citrus peel and nut.

A lot of complexity for a young small format cigar.

20210606_213901.jpg

20210606_221844.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/20/2021 at 4:52 AM, NW_Oregon said:
Ahh see I like smaller smokes, I prefer to smoke a couple sticks in a night to get some variance on flavor profiles so a short panatela or a minuto is perfect for me. Plus I tend to smoke small ring gauge sticks slower anyways so I can get close to an hour out of one of these.

you really should give the shorts a try though, they're a cut above the rest of the coronas from partagas in my opinion, tons of flavor in a little package.

The order has arrived, and just letting the shorts rest and acclimate in my "next months smokes" tupperdor, so will be trying one early next month.

I prefer smokes that last about an hour since I'm retired and have plenty of time to smoke, so don't really buy the smaller offerings much with the exception of some cc cigarillos occasionally to smoke after meals.

I can get close to an hour out of a PC, so I'm sure the partagas shorts will last close enough to an hour.

My problem with the smaller things like MMC's, HUHC's, etc is that they are very tasty, but are over with so quickly that they leave me craving more.

On 5/20/2021 at 6:21 AM, Cairo said:
The often neglected Du Maires are stunningly good for such a tiny package.     I forget about them for a while since they are so small and then pick one up and they amaze me with their flavor every time.     My current box is a TEO December 2017.

Actually just polished off the last of the dozen 2001 du Maires I was gifted and agree they are very tasty little smokes

• Like 2

On 5/19/2021 at 10:42 AM, smbauerllc said:

So smoke 2

• 7 months later...