Hong Kong Cigar Location Guide

The Pawn is one  of my favorite places to smoke, just watching the trams go by reminiscing the good ol days of Hong Kong.

Another good place i recommend is 

RUAM thai resturant in Wanchai, very cigar friendly and nice terrace with a lot of greens.

As a fellow cigar aficionado in Hong Kong, i will continue to add to this list as they come to my mind.

thanks for making this list!

• Thanks 1

Great to see this list, thanks very much.

Trafalgar at Brim 28 in Wanchai closed, but there are several places there that are cigar friendly and all casual - Frites, Devino patio, HopHouse etc.

Good to see Ruam on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

i also like smoking infront of the bars (tables outside) in Happy Valley, infront of the little park next to the tram tracks.  the waitress told me I am free to smoke my cigar, but last time i got told off by some customers near my table..

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:54 PM, HuffnPuffff said:

Great to see this list, thanks very much.

Trafalgar at Brim 28 in Wanchai closed

Hello @HuffnPuffff Trafalgar is alive and well. Visit at Wan Chai, Lockhart Rd, 54-62號, The Broadway, 5樓. 

Open most days of the year and has great lunch sets Mon-Fri. 

23 hours ago, Billybats said:

i also like smoking infront of the bars (tables outside) in Happy Valley, infront of the little park next to the tram tracks.  the waitress told me I am free to smoke my cigar, but last time i got told off by some customers near my table..

Happened to me many times in happy valley .. getting told off for smoking in the smoking area 🤷‍♂️ the HV feather and bone eventually told me they no longer allow cigars. Some customers like to behave like they own the place. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Meklown said:

Happened to me many times in happy valley .. getting told off for smoking in the smoking area 🤷‍♂️ the HV feather and bone eventually told me they no longer allow cigars. Some customers like to behave like they own the place. 

Yes and worst of all, I was told off my cigarette smokers

• Haha 2

On 5/18/2021 at 6:25 PM, Meklown said:

Not right, agree. Got any other place to recommend in HV or elsewhere sir @Meklown? Coffee shops very welcome

40 minutes ago, Edicion said:

Not right, agree. Got any other place to recommend in HV or elsewhere sir @Meklown? Coffee shops very welcome

Coffee academics in HV is quite good last time I went. There's also a new place called coffeelin which allows you to pull a chair across the street for a smoke. 

Nearby in cwb cafe corridor has a little back area that allows smoking, and I sometimes bring my dog to heyday coffee in taihang or coast at tinhau temple road

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/12/2021 at 12:24 PM, Edicion said:

Hello Everyone,

We are lucky to have so many good places in Hong Kong to smoke cigars and enjoy the company of fellow cigar aficionados.

This is an effort to gather the most updated information on spots for those in Hong Kong now and those coming to visit after Covid. If you are looking for a place that sells sticks and want to sit down and enjoy a cigar, or if you want bring your own cigar (BYOC) to smoke somewhere, keep on reading.

General information about Hong Kong for those who have not been here yet: It is second to none in terms of places where to smoke – there are literally options everywhere. The selection of cigars is world class but demand and ability to pay drive up prices, making cigar prices some of the highest in the world. During Covid, most lounges have been a safe haven for aficionados and fully open, subject to regulations.

This guide is mainly supposed to give you a feel and provide updated information of what is available should you be looking for a good place to smoke now – indoor, outdoor, day or night and by location.

The list below will mainly guide you to where you can go and just buy a stick to enjoy for a few hours without forking out for a box or pay up to USD 10K for a locker. You can find private / members only / public places and those where you need to buy a box to sit down and smoke. To help to get an idea for in particular the lounges, they are categorized by both price $$$-$ and feel ***-* which is highly subjective but serves as a general reference point.

For some places you can put on your best suit (***), others are more relaxed (**) and some you can visit with shorts and different shoes on (*). But do not worry, this guide will help to introduce options for every taste and wallet.

Disclaimer: all the places on the list below have been visited many times by yours truly and other fellow cigar buddies, any recommendations are therefore always based on our personal experiences and feel for the spots. It may sound odd, but not all of the places can be found on Google or Maps so if you are particularly interested in any of these, send a pm or post below for more details and wherever possible everyone will help with more detailed info. For example, if you are looking for a lounge that has both cigars and offers drinks, we are happy to guide you.

Creds where creds due @Billybats @KavalanWhisky@HuffnPuffff@Meklown

Cigar Lounges – opening hours vary but usually from 11:am until late

Bertie Cigars – Central - $$$ - ***

Cigar Divan / Simon’s – Mandarin Hotel - $$$ - ***/**

Cigar Ben – Central - $$ - **

La Casa Del Habano – Sheraton TST - $$$ - ***

HS Cigar Club HK – Causeway Bay - $$ - *

C & P Lounge – Central - $ - *

Cigar Home / Aladdin Mess – Causeway Bay - $$ - *

The Harbour Cigar Divan - $$$ - ***/**

Davidoff Peninsula – Peninsula Hotel - $$$ - ***/**

Cigar Ted – Kwun Tong - $$ - **

Restaurants / Bars / Hotels – BYOC – opening hours vary but usually from 11:am until late

The Picture House – Sai Kung - $$/$ - *

Mr Wolf – Central - $$$ - ***

Frites – Wan Chai - $$$ - ***/*

Fashion Food Street (10+ places) – Causeway Bay - $$$/$$ - ***/*

Trafalgar – Wan Chai - $ - *

Cadillac – Causeway Bay - $ - *

Aladdin Mess / Cigar Home – Causeway Bay - $$ - *

The Pawn – Wan Chai - $$$ - ***

Mr & Mrs Fox – Quarry Bay - $$$ - ***

Premier Cru – Sai Ying Pun - $$$ - *

The Envoy – Central - $$$ - ***

King Ludwig Beerhall – Causeway Bay - $$ - *

The Beer Bay – Central Ferry Pier - $ - *

Churchill's – Wan Chai - $ - *

Ruam Thai – Wan Chai - $$ - *

The Garage – Mong Kok - $$ - **

Emmer Pizzeria & Café – Pacific Place - $$ - **

The Continental – Pacific Place - $$$ - **

Divino – Wan Chai - $$ - *

Etna – Tin Hau - $$ - **

Coffee Shops – BYOC – opening hours vary but usually from morning until evening

Starbucks – Queen’s Road Central - $ - *

Starbucks – Pacific Place (Wan Chai side) - $ - *

Coffee Academics – Wan Chai Road - $ - *

Coffee Academics – Happy Valley - $ - *

Coffee Academics – Wan Chai Harbour Road - $ - * 

Coffee Academics – Central - $ - *

Coco Espresso – Sheung Wan - $ - *

Cafe Revol - Jordan - $$ - *

Apt. Coffee - Wan Chai - $ - *

Café Corridor - Causeway Bay - $ - *

Other Places – BYOC - opening hours vary but usually from morning until evening

IFC Rooftop Garden – Central - $ - *

Hope to see you at one of these places soon and welcome you to Hong Kong after Covid. Feel welcome to submit your favorite spot and it will be added to the list.

More BYOC coffee shops spots are always welcome!

Thanks for sharing! This thread is superb. I saw you mentioned c&p lounge. I have been there once and was really impressed by their price. May I ask your thoughts about the quality of their cigar? @EdicionCheers.

• 1 year later...
On 10/14/2023 at 11:54 AM, ChangBang said:

Going in a few days, thanks for the thread!  

Any recommendations on nice rooftop patios with a good view of the city, or a park bench with a good view if I was BYOC?  

image.jpeg.4aceb5a1e57f69429b4263aa78f6bd53.jpeg

:lol3:

Hello @ChangBang here's a recent list of rooftop bars. Some allow smoking but best to call in advance to check. If you don't mind, report back if you find a good/friendly rooftop or bench spot!

https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/bars-and-pubs/best-rooftop-bars-hong-kong

There's also a wide range of cigar lounges (can't BYOC) that offer good views but it's mainly membership places so if you know anyone to go with that's best.

Have a great trip

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

image.jpeg.4aceb5a1e57f69429b4263aa78f6bd53.jpeg

:lol3:

Looks nice!  Where is this? 

7 minutes ago, Edicion said:

Hello @ChangBang here's a recent list of rooftop bars. Some allow smoking but best to call in advance to check. If you don't mind, report back if you find a good/friendly rooftop or bench spot!

https://www.timeout.com/hong-kong/bars-and-pubs/best-rooftop-bars-hong-kong

There's also a wide range of cigar lounges (can't BYOC) that offer good views but it's mainly membership places so if you know anyone to go with that's best.

Have a great trip

Thanks! 

1 hour ago, ChangBang said:

Looks nice!  Where is this? 

That is literally a bench with a view, on Victoria Peak. It is on Mount Austin Rd. Walk along Lugard Rd and you will see some great views.

Apparently there is a shopping mall at the top that also has some good views.

9 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

That is literally a bench with a view, on Victoria Peak. It is on Mount Austin Rd. Walk along Lugard Rd and you will see some great views.

Apparently there is a shopping mall at the top that also has some good views.

Thanks looks perfect!  Ya first time to hk so dunno where anything is.