JohnS' Smoking Diary 2021

JohnS

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Partagás Serie D No.5 EOT Oct 2016 I would like to thank @Luca again for gifting me this cigar. The Partagas Serie D No.5 doesn't get anywhere near the attention of its big brother, the Partagas

I'd like to take the opportunity to again thank you for taking the time to peruse and support this blog. I would like to especially thank a number of you who have supported me in your gratitude expres

Bolívar Tubos No.1 ULA Jun 2015 The Bolivar Tubos No.1 was a medium-full Corona cigar discontinued in 2017. It was one of the last Coronas, a 42 ring gauge, 142 mm (or 5⅝ inches) in length cigar

22 hours ago, JohnS said:

594850439_2021-04-2213_59_47.jpg.b9c5fe13aa61652208872c893fedd868.jpg

La Flor de Cano Grandiosos 2013 - Edición Regional Asia Pacifico ROL Oct 2013

If you aren't aware, the thinking on our forum behind Asia Pacifico Regional releases is that they generally need 5 years to 'open up'. The only recent exception to this maxim that I can recall could be the 2014 Diplomaticos Bushido, which was exemplary from the 'get-go' when it finally came out in 2015 or perhaps even the recent 2019 Punch 8-9-8 (although one could argue that this dalias-sized cigar can benefit from aging too).

I've had this cigar around the four and five-year mark and I've found it to be a combination, at that time, of butter cake and cream, floral notes, almond nuts and spice. Around the six-year mark the cigar progressed to a flavour profile of floral notes, citrus, almond nut and light cocoa 'on the edges' with a bit of spice to it

This LFdC Grandiosos smoked today is just around seven-and-a-half years of age, and smoked a little differently, further still. This one was more a combination of shortbread, cream, hay, almond nut and floral notes, with the slightest hint of vanilla or cinnamon spice to compliment the mild-medium strength of the cigar.

Construction and draw on this was impeccable all the way as the cigar was not under-filled. It was a great cigar to enjoy on a warm Autumn's afternoon!

Nailed it John, exactly what I experienced the other evening....all the flavors made for such an alluring aroma. And the only other observation I made was the longer than average finish...the flavors seemed to linger on my tongue. Cheers!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Chibearsv said:

Instead of clicking "like" on all of your reviews, may I simply just state that I think all of your reviews are great describers of your cigar experiences and obviously honest and genuine.  Thank you very much for the time and effort you put in to these.

SV

Thank you kindly. I do enjoy it, although I've learnt simply to say now that a cigar may be just like the previous one from the box and not fear that I'm repeating myself. Sometimes, as in yesterday, you get wonderful surprises like a RUM Abr 18 Sancho Panza Non Plus which has developed to the next stage or a 2015 Rafael Gonzalez Petit Corona which smoked fantastically well. I look forward to publishing those reviews soon.

I guess the advantage of a blog such as this one is that it allows for anyone interested to follow through particular cigars I'm smoking, over the year, to see their development. If that helps inform our members in regards to this hobby and saves them (the expense of) time and money, I'm satisfied.

7 hours ago, Islandboy said:

Nailed it John, exactly what I experienced the other evening....all the flavors made for such an alluring aroma. And the only other observation I made was the longer than average finish...the flavors seemed to linger on my tongue. Cheers!

Yes, you are so right...absolutely spot on! Thank so much for the feedback!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1