Ageing for Prime Smokes QdO, et al

This is my first submission, and I hope I'm doing it right. I need some ageing advice for the following smokes that I'm tempted to try at once, though I don't wish to smoke them well before or after their prime.

Quai d’Orsay No. 50, Box Date 07/2020

Quai d’Orsay No. 54,  Box Date 09/2019

Quai d’Orsay Secreto Cubano French Reg., Box Date 12/2016

La Gloria Cubana Serie D No. 5 Spain Reg., 2017, Box Date 12/2017

La Estancia Edicion Exclusiva 52 (Box of 10) Box Date 07/2020

• Like 1

Agree with the others here. Smoke em if you like them now and just keep growing your inventory. The ones you don’t pull regularly will get some years on them before you know it to keep sampling. You’ll find when they’re irresistible for yourself.

• Like 1

Thank you, friends, for your sage advice. I've learned too late in life that there are limits to my knowledge, intelligence, and experience, and that I must seek advice for whatever is beyond those limits.

Good advice. One thing I'll mention is, when I get a new box I like to take one third out and put them into a separate tupperdore for long term aging. I then smoke the rest of the box as others have suggested, if they're good smoke em, if they're not let them rest. But I've always got that 1/3 of every box to try in 5-10 years.

Thank you for your creative advice to care and enjoy my inventory.

I promised myself that if I ever I had some money that I would savor a cigar each day after lunch and dinner. This is the only resolution of my youth that I have kept, and the only realized ambition which has not brought disillusion. -- Somerset Maugham

If you weren’t tempted to try a cigar you haven’t had you wouldn’t be human. Hell yes try one! But.......LGC and QdO are two of the most age worthy brands there are. IMHO they start blooming at 5 years and keep on opening, very much like PL. If it’s love at first puff why stop, but usually love takes some time. If they’re the only thing you have to smoke then by all means smoke them, otherwise I’d let them age for quite a while. You have some beautiful cigars there, you should get the most out of them.