Trinidad factory question.

I've only seen a few BSM Trini. Seeing much more GLE. There seems to have been two factories producing for Pinar del Rio from 17-19 which had the codes MUP and ARS. Very possible BSM and GSE are replacing both respectively. Not sure about RAG. The only Trini they really had was Vigia. Lots of Cohiba, RyJ and some HU came from RAG. I'm thinking RAG was a satellite factory in Pinar.

I have an ARS Oct 19 (Esmeralda), but more recently I've received a BSM Abr 20 (Esmeralda) and TLU Abr 20 (Media Luna). I have nothing more to add than that; merely additional data points

On 9/19/2020 at 7:59 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

I've only seen a few BSM Trini. Seeing much more GLE. There seems to have been two factories producing for Pinar del Rio from 17-19 which had the codes MUP and ARS. Very possible BSM and GSE are replacing both respectively. Not sure about RAG. The only Trini they really had was Vigia. Lots of Cohiba, RyJ and some HU came from RAG. I'm thinking RAG was a satellite factory in Pinar.

I have also seen a few GLE boxes.  I have seen a lot of RAG Trinidad’s during the same time period as ARS.  While I am generally a believer of the “one factory/one code” theory, it seemed like I only saw RAG on Trinidad and not on any other sticks (like Upmann or Cohiba).  But if RAG was used on other stuff, it makes sense that it’s some other regional factory and not a duplicate code for Donatien.  

On 9/19/2020 at 7:59 AM, NSXCIGAR said:

Went digging through some boxes and I saw quite a few Cohibas and Upmanns with the REG code.  But my Trinidad’s are RAG.  

9 hours ago, Wailbait said:

I have also seen a few GLE boxes.  I have seen a lot of RAG Trinidad’s during the same time period as ARS.  While I am generally a believer of the “one factory/one code” theory, it seemed like I only saw RAG on Trinidad and not on any other sticks (like Upmann or Cohiba).  But if RAG was used on other stuff, it makes sense that it’s some other regional factory and not a duplicate code for Donatien.  

MUP was definitely in use for most Fundys and about half the Coloniales I've seen. ARS was definitely the main Pinar (Donatien) factory code but there's a second factory pumping out a lot of Trini. So it looks like ARS = BSM and MUP = GLE. RAG was also pumping out a lot of Trini and Cohiba but much less than ARS & MUP. So there's two main factories, Pinar being the main, and one satellite factory likely located near Pinar but not necessarily.