Is self-control possible? Should I buy another coolidor?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Current state of the two coolidors. First one cheap and cheerful. Second one the more premium boxes.

Ramsey: How do you like that cigar? Hunter: It’s good, sir. Ramsey: It’s your first? Hunter: Yeah. Ramsey: Well, don’t like it too much. They’re more expensive than drugs. Crimson Tide

The answers to your questions are, of course: NO and YES! ?

I have like four or five 60g's in each of my desktop humidors, and two 320g's in my coolidor (66L or 70qt which is smaller than the one shown on this thread). 

can't go with with too many!

Well,  it's good to see that I'm not alone. I have 3 120 qt coolidors. 2 are stuffed full and the 3rd one will be shortly. We're talking in the neighborhood of 110 boxes. I've thought about going to a nice piece of large furniture, but when I consider how many boxes I can buy with that 3 - 4 grand, I stick with my coolidors. 

I'm currently smoking 4 or 5 sticks per day, but am cutting back on that. I store them in my home office, and a fourth coolidor is going to really infringe on my office space. 

I use the large 65% Boveda packs and am able to get a very steady RH of 62%. The ambient temp is steady at 68F. As a cooler fills up, it takes fewer packs. The full units have 3 packs each.

Not sure where my limit is, but am thinking that 4 units will be it. I keep an accurate spreadsheet of what's where  as well as tracking each purchase. My wife wisely turns a blind eye. She says she doesn't want to see the spreadsheet. Wise woman. 

Big Al 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Kaptain Karl said:

I think I'll have to move to a 3rd coolidor this year! The plan is to load up before I combine finances with the lady when we get married this fall and she realizes how much I spend on CC's ??

I recommend you don't :)

You'll both be happier.

Married 3 years here, and we have 2 joint accounts for convenience, but have not fully joined finances.