Things getting worse for the Washington (Somethings)

BTWheezy

6 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Washington Epsteins?

Perhaps more apropos...the Washington Clintons?

37 minutes ago, BTWheezy said:

18 minutes ago, SigmundChurchill said:

Washington Epsteins?

The Washington Islanders?

Toxic culture with Dan Snyder at the helm? I am beyond stunned. ?

• Thanks 2

more importantly, i can tell you redskins forums are going nuts with joy. it seems that there is a glimmer of hope that dan might be forced to sell. that would make every skins fan deliriously happy. 

personally, i don't see it. you can bet that plenty of the other owners have skeletons in their closets - pats, anyone - that they would prefer to avoid the spotlight. also, any new owner has to make the skins a better team. do the other owners want that?

i believe that there is also an allegation that we paid off officials. to do what? clearly we didn't pay them near enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

more importantly, i can tell you redskins forums are going nuts with joy. it seems that there is a glimmer of hope that dan might be forced to sell. that would make every skins fan deliriously happy. 

personally, i don't see it. you can bet that plenty of the other owners have skeletons in their closets - pats, anyone - that they would prefer to avoid the spotlight. also, any new owner has to make the skins a better team. do the other owners want that?

i believe that there is also an allegation that we paid off officials. to do what? clearly we didn't pay them near enough. 

The hope, really, is that things get so bad that keeping an owner in place is more embarrassment to the league than he's worth.  That's what happened eventually with the L.A. Clippers and Donald Stirling (it was his overt public displays of racism - or more precisely, getting caught repeatedly - that finally did him in).  And since then, they've been one of the better franchises in the NBA.

Leagues don't care about sexual harassment and racism and serial cheapness (hell, they prefer that) by owners - those are expected - but they do care about huge amounts of bad P.R. that impacts the value of all the franchises.  The Stirling example is pertinent, but the NBA is more progressive than the other American pro sports leagues generally, and the NFL probably would have let Stirling stick around considerably longer.

Pretty sad.  Just finished reading the article in the Washington ComPost this morning.  Scandal appears to be in the marketing and communications areas and all of the offenders are thankfully gone.  Some of the allegations go back ten years so it was going on for a while.  Snyder is not implicated other than being blamed collaterally for not having a better HR Dept. and not being more involved I guess.  Pretty bad environment for women.  Coach Riviera came out with a statement about changing the culture and going forward that I thought was good.  Also Snyder hired a big shot lawyer and her firm to review the culture, etc.  So those are positive things.  

Does not appear this is something to force an ownership change as Snyder was not directly involved.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JY0 said:

Jerry Richardson was forced to sell The Panthers for harassment and racist comments to staff. 

whilst i think every skins fan would love to see dan sell, it seems that because dan was not directly involved, it won't come to that. but one can dream. 

Up near the training facility and a little security to keep people away -lol. Best thing would be for him to sell and have football people brought in but he won’t due to ego but never know.  He has ruined what used to be a pretty good team. Not my team so really no impact.