Zoom Video Review - H Upmann Sir Winston - TRU JUL 19

MoeFOH

does show how cigars vary.
steve, i thought (from what rob said so i should know better) some of the first attempt was to be incorporated? or was it all just stuffed?

Obviously it was not close to the first one but do you remember what you paired the first one with and do you think that had any impact at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, LLC said:

Obviously it was not close to the first one but do you remember what you paired the first one with and do you think that had any impact at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if i am thinking of the right cigar, a Teeling 24-year-old malt and also a cracking japanese malt.

all that said, absolutely not. the first cigar was stellar throughout, the second not so. i don't think it would have mattered. 

• Like 1

I lit one of these sticks up from the same box code.  Mine was quite lovely and was closer to Robs descriiption.  Mine got better as I got into the cigar more.  I'm talking 95 pts....easy and all day long.  Construction and burn of my Sir Winston was superb!  Draw slightly firm.  It wasnt Miss Universe, but like 2nd runner up from Venezuela!  You wouldn't mind smoking it....I promise you!

Since this is entertainment for me, I rather like the longer reviews with outtakes and banter. 

Cheers brothers and sisters of the leaf!

Be well

Reuben 

Had to chuckle about the Manzanilla comments Rob.  Tried and tried to like it but I agree, awful stuff.  Hate it.  Much like NY Broadway if you ask me.  Fashionable to say you like it but really, no one does if they are honest.  A relic from an era when we didn't have television or movies.  Manzanilla is terrible with cigars of all types.  Now Pedro Ximenez can really sing with a cigar, so not all bad in the Sherry department for me.  Cheers from the ATL. 

16 minutes ago, paindoc70 said:

Had to chuckle about the Manzanilla comments Rob.  Tried and tried to like it but I agree, awful stuff.  Hate it.  Much like NY Broadway if you ask me.  Fashionable to say you like it but really, no one does if they are honest.  A relic from an era when we didn't have television or movies.  Manzanilla is terrible with cigars of all types.  Now Pedro Ximenez can really sing with a cigar, so not all bad in the Sherry department for me.  Cheers from the ATL. 

navazos is not your usual manzanilla or anything like it.

but i disagree no one likes it. sure, plenty don't but i know a lot of people who understand it and love it.