anyone needing a QB?

3 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

this is quade during isolation. 

quade was the bloke who had more talent than god but truly wasted it. but he can still throw a pass. 

https://www.theroar.com.au/rugby-union/video/quade-coopers-gridiron-trick-throw-is-out-of-this-world-1070400/

Quade is a good example of what happens to talent without (self-)discipline.  

It also made him deeply unpredictable.  He was like the French in that regard: you wouldn't know whether you got the genius or the idiot until five minutes into a game.

17 minutes ago, gweilgi said:

Quade is a good example of what happens to talent without (self-)discipline.  

It also made him deeply unpredictable.  He was like the French in that regard: you wouldn't know whether you got the genius or the idiot until five minutes into a game.

exactly.

every now and then i google quade's highlights for 2011 with the reds. it reminds me of how astonishing great rugby can be. 

if i needed the opposite, well his or most aussie "highlights" since then. 

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

exactly.

every now and then i google quade's highlights for 2011 with the reds. it reminds me of how astonishing great rugby can be. 

Saw him playing with the Bah-Bahs against the Wallabies at the Allianz Stadium, and he was a joy.  

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

if i needed the opposite, well his or most aussie "highlights" since then. 

Even though I am a firm supporter of England, I do live here and I do find it very sad to see not just the Wallabies but also the Super Rugby teams brought so low.  It's not good for the sport, either.  IT's especially depressing to see that They.  Will.  Not.  Learn.  

9 minutes ago, gweilgi said:

Saw him playing with the Bah-Bahs against the Wallabies at the Allianz Stadium, and he was a joy.  

Even though I am a firm supporter of England, I do live here and I do find it very sad to see not just the Wallabies but also the Super Rugby teams brought so low.  It's not good for the sport, either.  IT's especially depressing to see that They.  Will.  Not.  Learn.  

rugby is in massive trouble in this country. and if you were the govt and needed to pump money into sports to help them survive this mess, rugby would be bottom of the list. their own fault.