WINNER & RESULT ANNOUNCED!! 50/50 FOH's Weekly Poll Comp: #12

50/50 Poll #12  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Choose between the superpower of...

• Invisibility (with condition 1)
    • Flying (with condition 2)

This poll is closed to new votes

Like many others have said it's going to have to be invisibility based on the conditions. I do think there are some distinct advantages in being able to hide from the wife (and related honey-do list) as well as the people at work. The only problem is that they would probably still smell me as soon as I lit up my cigar!

Invisibility (with condition 1): Generic but not that bad though as it can be useful in some situations...

Flying (with condition 2): If getting smaller is the same ability as Antman, then it would be something useful at least. Otherwise it sounds meh to me.

With the conditions specified, I chose invisibility, but with a proviso.

I think I would find it very difficult not to take advantage of that power at some point for my own gain, so I'm going to have to suffer the consequences at some point.
Hey, if they can smell me but can't see me then they are only going to blame someone else anyway ? The dog did it!
Losing the ability for a week is OK seeing as it would be amazing in the first place, and if I get caught after crapping myself in public I'd just act drunk and blame my age.
For this to work though, you would need to bend the laws of physics (even further). As Fuzz said, there is no point if you are blind.

I had to think about this. I choose flying b/c after a few days I would be invisible as well. So I get the power of flying and being invisible to watch whatever I want and not loose either power ! 

Flying.......I’ll try landing with a chest slide or a back slide.....

invisible......”you are guaranteed to rather violently crap yourself out in public at some random point”, yeah I’ll pass.

So, Invisibility wins it. I think it always would have, to be honest, perhaps by even more without the conditions--just such a cool super power! Maybe we should run a poll without those conditions... There's an idea! Who puts those inane conditions on these things anyway?? ;)

Anyhoo... to the random draw winner, which goes to @alloy !!

Congrats! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll organise dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated. Next poll will be up today! :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

So, Invisibility wins it. I think it always would have, to be honest, perhaps by even more without the conditions--just such a cool super power! Maybe we should run a poll without those conditions... There's an idea! Who puts those inane conditions on these things anyway?? ;)

Anyhoo... to the random draw winner, which goes to @alloy !!

Congrats! :party:

Please PM your details to me @MoeFOH and we'll organise dispatch of your prize. 

Thanks to all who participated. Next poll will be up today! :thumbsup:

i could n ot vote.

just kept thinking of that old joke about superman using his x-ray vision at the superheroes hotel to purve on wonder woman who is lying naked on the bed next door. finally, he can stand it no longer and bursts through the wall and jumps on her.

so, says batman, how did she take it?

well, says superman, she was not too bad but it sure gave the invisible man a hell of a shock. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

i could n ot vote.

just kept thinking of that old joke about superman using his x-ray vision at the superheroes hotel to purve on wonder woman who is lying naked on the bed next door. finally, he can stand it no longer and bursts through the wall and jumps on her.

so, says batman, how did she take it?

well, says superman, she was not too bad but it sure gave the invisible man a hell of a shock. 

Every time somebody mentions x-ray vision, I'm always reminded of this comic.

2013-04-15-GP0137.jpg.8d63ae0813170f66827e65fa1d999ba8.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...