ERDM Kon Tiki?

I'm not sure why the 1973 reference is important in relation to cigars. Eterna released a Super KonTiki watch in 1973 and a subsequent homage watch called the Eterna Heritage Super KonTiki 1973 in reference to the year the original was released. Maybe someone googled KonTiki and saw that, figured it sounded cool, and named the cigar that. Maybe the LCDH in the region first opened in 1973 and this is a coincidence? I'm really interested in the 1973 as well so if anyone knows, please let us know.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 12:37 AM, Bram Smoker said:

I'm not sure why the 1973 reference is important in relation to cigars. Eterna released a Super KonTiki watch in 1973 and a subsequent homage watch called the Eterna Heritage Super KonTiki 1973 in reference to the year the original was released. Maybe someone googled KonTiki and saw that, figured it sounded cool, and named the cigar that. Maybe the LCDH in the region first opened in 1973 and this is a coincidence? I'm really interested in the 1973 as well so if anyone knows, please let us know.

The press packet reckons that the Kon Tiki part is to pay tribute to the Thor Heyerdahl expedition, and the 1973 is because that was the year the 50 SBN in four layers was discontinued. Seems a bit random, but sure, why not?

• Like 2

On 8/3/2019 at 2:41 PM, Fugu said:

That's interesting info. Any source of reference for it? That then eventually seems to give sense to the year reference '1973'. Why 1973, when Heyerdahl's expedition took place in 1947? So perhaps a one-off special commission back then to commemorate the 25th anniversary (well, as always a year late... :lol:)

I knew I had read this somewhere, found it on CCW of all places :lol::

"This packaging for this cigar is unusual, being a semi boite nature box of 50 in four layers; three of 13 cigars and one of 11 with a double size spacer block. This style of packaging was allegedly discontinued in 1973 - hence the name of the cigar."

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, SenorPerfecto said:

Smoking one now from the Lotusguy box.

Does it have potential to be floral/spicy?

Yes it does.

Will it need 5 years to get there?

Yes it will.

IMO it’s a 70 point cigar right now, 85 being smokeable.

I have one more. See you in 2024.

Bummer your experience didn't match mine. Maybe they entered a sick period - I'll have to dig another one out soon.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Now smoking the first of 3 from a box split, into the final third, and it’s easily the best cigar I’ve had in several years. Flavor alone blows me away, but construction and razor-sharp burn is equally impressive. Wondering about recent experiences from others, especially since this was the pale-wrappered, green-spotted runt of my litter. Damn it’s good!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 1:09 AM, Islandboy said:

Now smoking the first of 3 from a box split, into the final third, and it’s easily the best cigar I’ve had in several years. Flavor alone blows me away, but construction and razor-sharp burn is equally impressive. Wondering about recent experiences from others, especially since this was the pale-wrappered, green-spotted runt of my litter. Damn it’s good!

You inspired me to light one up for the first time. One of the best cigars I’ve had in months! Elegant, fruity, floral nutty erdm flavor profile. flawlessly constructed, gradually builds and progress and evolves As I smoked. Man. What an awesome experience. This cigar is a gem. 

thanks for the push @Islandboy

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ohbob976 said:

You inspired me to light one up for the first time. One of the best cigars I’ve had in months! Elegant, fruity, floral nutty erdm flavor profile. flawlessly constructed, gradually builds and progress and evolves As I smoked. Man. What an awesome experience. This cigar is a gem. 

thanks for the push @Islandboy

Nice! It’s really good to hear that I wasn’t just imagining things. I’m seriously afraid of letting my remaining sticks sit much longer...it’s hard to imagine them actually getting better.

46 minutes ago, Islandboy said:

Nice! It’s really good to hear that I wasn’t just imagining things. I’m seriously afraid of letting my remaining sticks sit much longer...it’s hard to imagine them actually getting better.

I’ve only been smoking for a few years so don’t have much experience noting how my cigars change overtime. I’m hoping these cigars just keep getting better with time  :) but yeah I hear you. The one I smoked showed zero signs of youth