Should I Get The Avallo?

joshhooper7

11 minutes ago, bpm32 said:

I think plenty of us Tetris degenerates looked at those picture and thought, “nah, you got plenty more room in there.”

I think I can Tetris the 6 boxes I have en route (two are 50 cabs). After that, I’ll need a true Tetris master to find me space. 

Nice collection! Thanks for sharing pics.

When I packed my Aristocrat to the gills, the humidifier couldn't distribute humidity properly. The hygrometer was reading much lower RH than was the case near the humidifier. As such, bottom section was over-humidified! I had to remove numerous boxes to allow more air flow.

• 1 month later...

I also place an order today for a triple D shorty (41” height). Looking forward to having some pull out drawers in a few months (current cabinet is packed and it’s no fun getting to the back). Now I need to decide - keep my Aristocrat mini-tall or find a buyer? Leaning towards the latter option (think I’m going to set a box limit for myself - I’ll stop once I fill the Avallo).

How’s your Avallo treating you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/21/2019 at 5:24 AM, anacostiakat said:

I have had a chilled unit for many years now.  Very happy with it and with the service Matt provides.  Excellent! 

Do you have the "Cooled DDD +" ?  If possible, can you share a few photos?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, anacostiakat said:

These are old pics that I have posted before.  When I first got it.  

AvalloDDD2.JPG

AvalloDDD1.JPG

AvalloDDD4.JPG

Thanks for sharing the photos, that's a beautiful humidor!  How long have you had it and have you had any issues with maintaining your desired temp and humidity settings?  Also, is that a walnut veneer on the front panels?

14 minutes ago, anacostiakat said:

I got my first humi from Bob at Aristocrat in 2005.  Quickly outgrew it although I still have it.  I think I got the Avallo in 2007 or 2008.

Humi1.JPG

Nice aristocrat!  How has your temp & humidity been holding up in your Avallo?

42 minutes ago, Plato said:

I believe it’s the Avallo 1000 with Accumonitor active humidification

9008a453858b98ffe14dee6aed0bbe26.jpg

Nice unit!  How long have you owned it and does it maintain stable humidity/temp?

Got it this spring. It’s been good. Stability fluctuated when I first bought it because I was I my using the water active humidification system. And constantly adding cigars from different vendors that ship between 65-67-70 RH.

But since I added 3 pounds of heartfelt 65% beads it’s been holding steady at 64-65.

I still use the active system (as they have an automated fan system in there) but replaced the water in the jars with RH beads.

I've had my Staebell for over a decade.  I finally had to replace the hygrometer / thermal control unit, and Bob was on the mark with a replacement unit that hooked right up.  New controller will run the re-circ fans every ten minutes (or whatever you set it at) so that's a nice feature.  I swapped out the fans that Bob had installed (one died) with larger, more capable fans.  I ended up with one of the recirc fans on the timer, one that runs when the humidifiers run.  Interesting that some choose to not run the fans / hygro that's in the cabinet....I really like mine.  I will confess to using three SensorPush wireless hygrometers / thermometers and not trusting the readings on the new controller.  I salt tested all my SensorPush units, so I know they are accurate.  The bottom of the cabinet runs a point or two higher than the main cabinet, so that's where long term aging takes place.  Very happy with the performance and appearance of the cabinet.  

My cabinet was a custom, built for an existing space, three houses ago.  It's relatively tall and thin (think phone booth).  Sure wish I'd have gotten a bigger cabinet....?

4 minutes ago, BBS said:

I've had my Staebell for over a decade.  I finally had to replace the hygrometer / thermal control unit, and Bob was on the mark with a replacement unit that hooked right up.  New controller will run the re-circ fans every ten minutes (or whatever you set it at) so that's a nice feature.  I swapped out the fans that Bob had installed (one died) with larger, more capable fans.  I ended up with one of the recirc fans on the timer, one that runs when the humidifiers run.  Interesting that some choose to not run the fans / hygro that's in the cabinet....I really like mine.  I will confess to using three SensorPush wireless hygrometers / thermometers and not trusting the readings on the new controller.  The bottom runs a point or two higher than the main cabinet, so that's where long term aging takes place.  Very happy with the performance and appearance of the cabinet.  

My cabinet was a custom, built for an existing space, three houses ago....  Sure wish I'd have gotten a bigger cabinet....?

Which cabinet do you have?   Do you have any pictures of your unit to share?

As I said, it was built to occupy an existing space....two houses ago.  It's nice and deep, I just wish it was at least twice as wide.  The contents vary as time goes on...;-)  Doesn't show the three recirc fans (two in the top, one by the pelt coolers), three pelt coolers, two humidifier cans.  One of the few purchases I'd make again on a moment's notice....if Bob was still taking orders.  Really pleased with it.

20200921_113849.jpg

On 9/21/2020 at 2:43 PM, BBS said:

As I said, it was built to occupy an existing space....two houses ago.  It's nice and deep, I just wish it was at least twice as wide.  The contents vary as time goes on...;-)  Doesn't show the three recirc fans (two in the top, one by the pelt coolers), three pelt coolers, two humidifier cans.  One of the few purchases I'd make again on a moment's notice....if Bob was still taking orders.  Really pleased with it.

20200921_113849.jpg

Very nice humidor!  The stock is impressive too!  Agree, I wish Bob was still building humidors.  I am forced to upgrade and sell my current humidor (Remington) due to storage limitations (see photos) and Avallo and Vigilant are the only two that I have found that are doing custom humidors.  My choice was the Avallo (Cooled DDD Plus), I included 4 (Quad) TE coolers, eight circulation fans and a separate fan timer in the unit.

20200902_150801.jpg

20200902_150848.jpg

20200902_151000.jpg

20200902_151023.jpg

20200902_151054.jpg

20200902_150948.jpg

20200902_151113.jpg

20200902_151127.jpg

• Like 3