LCDH Grand Cayman

I would say the service was good but selection was limited.  I would try Old Havana Cigars.  Juan is very knowledgeable and usually has a great selection to choose from.

• Like 3

If memory serves, this is Valerio's shop? They have some outstanding things there in the back room, nearly every Habanos book, older GR, etc. A lot of it is 'saved for another customer' or 'belongs to another customer' but I found that with enough chatting and interest, a few things became available (or maybe my memory is failing me.)

No 'deals' to be had there, but I did buy a box of Partagas Reserva 2005 for what I thought was a fair price. 

There is a nice girl, Isis, and an older gentleman, whose name I forget, but were both kind folks. 

Roughly 2km North is Sunset Cove, one of the most beautiful places I've been. We stumbled upon it by walking on the beach [and it's a tough walk to get there on the beach, lots of rocks, slippery spots] but it was well worth it (you can certainly get there by road, but we had a little adventure of trying to find a great beach and it paid off.] There is a hotel/condos right there, don't recall if it was a private beach, but had no issues putzing around there for a few hours. Pic below. 

• Like 2

cbenham73   I visit Juan and Karla every time I visit Grand Cayman. They are usually well stocked and are a pleasure to deal with. I end up spending too much but I never leave disappointed. Here are some pics I took in my first trip. You can buy singles at the store but they a bit expensive and sometimes the cigars are a little wet. They usually smoke better with a little rest after you return home. 

682DED04-771E-417D-BE3D-6F2D8662D384.jpeg

EB42E7A3-84BF-45A8-BE11-3C1430B4A7AE.jpeg

• Like 1

My experience echoes Cayman17.  Friendly knowledgeable staff and generally well stocked.  I've stopped in every time we have visited Grand Cayman and always find some product to part me from my $.  Enjoy Grand Cayman it is paradise.

32 minutes ago, cbenham73 said:

@VRATJV07 Old Havana Cigars is the shop i was actually trying to reference.  I follow them on IG and have seen some nice product. Just wanted to hear some first hand experiences.

I have been there one time at Old Havana and they were low on stock after a bunch of cruise ships came through.  But great people to deal with and pricing is very fair.  You really only get duty free pricing if you buy boxes.  As @Cayman17 mentioned, singles are usually double the price.

• Like 1

Old Havana is a great shop. Karla is awesome, and they generally have great selection. As of a couple days ago, they were fully stocked. 

• Like 1

Would one recommend old Havana cigars instead of the LCDH?  I did go to the LCDH they were no very helpful to tell you the truth and would not let me take any pictures which was disappointing being the first LCDH I have seen in my life.  

16 hours ago, cbenham73 said:

I am looking to make a trip to the Cayman Islands. Has anyone ever visited the LCDH in Grand Cayman? If so, how was the inventory & service?

I found the service good - the prices "ok" - you have to know your prices - but the selection was limited.

7 hours ago, Wertman said:

Would one recommend old Havana cigars instead of the LCDH?  I did go to the LCDH they were no very helpful to tell you the truth and would not let me take any pictures which was disappointing being the first LCDH I have seen in my life.  

They are only a couple blocks apart, if you have time, go to both. The LCDH did have a box of Sir Winston GR, and the shop manager is open to negotiating on higher price items. As far as service and selection Old Havana is far superior. 

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 10:15 PM, Markspring1978 said:

Old Havana is a great shop. Karla is awesome, and they generally have great selection. As of a couple days ago, they were fully stocked. 

What prices compared to YUL?