Ramon Allones Club Allones LAU SEP 15 (RARW)

I'd dug this out of storage a couple of weeks ago when having a bit of a rearrange as I hadn't had one for maybe a year and never got around to smoking it. Then the RARW appeared... Perfect.
Good firm draw with a straight cut instead of my usual V. Nothing of real note on the cold draw, maybe a bit of black tea. Didn't have any orange juice in the house so had a black coffee instead.
1st third started off mildly fruity, blackcurrant/ blueberry, not sweet but like the tannins in the skins. Rounded out nicely to give a fuller flavour without the strength.
2nd third became buttery with an underlay of new leather. Very nice, still hints of the dark fruits in there too.
Into the final third I was distracted for a short while getting the dim cat out of the fig tree and it was only when I got an acrid flavour shock that I noticed that I'd smoked into the EL band. Oops. Once properly removed and normal service resumed, the now bandless cigar brought more leather and the first sprinkling of white pepper.
All in all very good and definitely has the legs for a few more years.
8/10c695011fe9103c7b3c190e010f25e4c4.jpgdce42fcc310a1a6910ba4131718f97dc.jpg3c12c13203d531f43a821976618fa2a1.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great review dude, Unlike a whole host of regional RA's these actually feel like a special smoke

Thanks Stef. One of the first boxes I got from FoH back in early '16 so they're a little bit special anyway

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

• Like 1

Good one. Love these.  Never got white pepper, thankfully (hate it).  Methinks these didn't get enough love here.  I think they're special and really capture the essence of RA with a darker, more powerful backbone.  Wish I had some left.  

3 hours ago, rcarlson said:

I think they're special and really capture the essence of RA with a darker, more powerful backbone.  Wish I had some left

Yep exactly!!,  I think they are the cigars Ramon Allones Extra wanted to be.........whereas the RAE just tasted like beef stock cubes, and coal

3 hours ago, rcarlson said:

Never got white pepper, thankfully (hate it)

Yep, I would also flip out if I tasted white pepper in a cigar, not a fan. For some reason it always reminds me of the smell of pet shops, and overcooked cabbage

Yep, I would also flip out if I tasted white pepper in a cigar, not a fan. For some reason it always reminds me of the smell of pet shops, and overcooked cabbage
Do you not get it as a little tingle in the retrohale? A smidgen of spice? Think of the glorious Cumberland sausage, that's white pepper. I'm biased, being from what was formerly known as Cumberland, and associate it with good hearty fare, be it food or in this case, a very enjoyable section of the cigar.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

16 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

Do you not get it as a little tingle in the retrohale? A smidgen of spice? Think of the glorious Cumberland sausage, that's white pepper. I'm biased, being from what was formerly known as Cumberland, and associate it with good hearty fare, be it food or in this case, a very enjoyable section of the cigar.

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

If it has been in any cigar I've had, I must of subconsciously tried to shun it to the back of my brain, where it will remain

2 hours ago, Akela3rd said:

Sent from 47171 Lempo 

Sometimes a little nicotine tingle, but I don't like white pepper Sam I Am!   I get it out of NC's.  Just hate it.