Toy of the Week: Electric Harley...

19 minutes ago, lostsoulcamero said:

There trying to think of the future 

Yep. I know. And I applaud that. I just like the humour in the stark contrast between what Harleys are traditionally like and what this model's marketing aims at. 

16 minutes ago, HarveyBoulevard said:

I ride a Harley and would love to feel the torque on one of those.

20190218_084418.jpg

Nice ride. I'd actually like to ride one of the electrics, too. I'm not a Harley owner, but still doesn't stop me laughing at the juxtaposition of the traditional/electric models. : )

4 minutes ago, MoeFOH said:

Yep. I know. And I applaud that. I just like the humour in the stark contrast between what Harleys are traditionally like and what this model's marketing aims at. 

Nice ride. I'd actually like to ride one of the electrics, too. I'm not a Harley owner, but still doesn't stop me laughing at the juxtaposition of the traditional/electric models. : )

I'm a fan of just about anything with two wheels so gas or electric and I'm all good. I do not like the of sound from electric bikes but the immediate throttle response is just unreal on those things. 

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

I'm really excited about electric bikes hitting the mainstream. I've heard rumors that Triumph is planning on bringing back the Trident as an all-electric.

That said, I think Harley really stepped on their d*cks on this one. Good idea, not good execution. It's a silly looking bike, wildly overpriced, and poorly marketed.

30K usd for a HD electric motorcycle? Nobody except those with more money than brains will buy this. What is the CEO smoking? Certainly not cigars!

• Like 1

Harely Davidson is in a tough spot.  New consumers are not coming to the marque and they are desperate to attract new riders.  The bike fall short; too expensive.

5 hours ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Harely Davidson is in a tough spot.  New consumers are not coming to the marque and they are desperate to attract new riders.  The bike fall short; too expensive.

They had it good for many years now the tide has turned. I owned 3 of them. Next bike when/if that day comes will be a Goldwing

5 hours ago, NYgarman said:

They had it good for many years now the tide has turned. I owned 3 of them. Next bike when/if that day comes will be a Goldwing

They were way to slow to react to changing times and building a consumer base for the next century.  It's a shame.

On 4/9/2019 at 8:34 PM, MoeFOH said:

I like what the marketing dept tried on here... "The loudest sound you hear will be your heart racing"... only if you can hear it over the sound of "real" Harley owners laughing. 

Am I wrong?

Ah. It's a sewing machine on 2 wheels.

That’s got small niche market, made up of a younger generation all over it. I like the looks.  

The marque’s feature mostly differentiating it from the rest of the market is gone, the signature/patented “Harley engine.” 

Its like the USD $ graduating from being backed by gold, to not.

This bike is riding on image and reputation alone, until riding impressions are possible, which could really “move” a person!

However, a small percentage of local police are riding electric motorcycles, so this could be the actual target market, and civvies will get one too, if they want.

Very curious about the outcome 10 years from now, thanks for sharing the bike!