Robs 'Nudies No 1' Lancero size (blend 2) 2018

3 minutes ago, Derboesekoenig said:

The perfect size! 

Yep, would agree with this. It's a shame as Trova, Mag 56, Tasisman, Connie A, Bolivar Libertador, E2......all doubtlessly great cigars.....but I don't understand why their blends cant just be worked in a more tactile, functional (i.e. pleasant to smoke) size. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 99call said:

Yep, would agree with this. It's a shame as Trova, Mag 56, Tasisman, Connie A, Bolivar Libertador, E2......all doubtlessly great cigars.....but I don't understand why their blends cant just be worked in a more tactile, functional (i.e. pleasant to smoke) size. 

Great review Stef... Thanks for sharing. Will have keep the powder dry so I can get some of these.

Cheers mate! -R

1 minute ago, PigFish said:

Great review Stef... Thanks for sharing. Will have keep the powder dry so I can get some of these.

Cheers mate! -R

Cheers, Ray, 

Hope your not in too much discomfort, and managing to enjoy Christmas.   Yep, I'll be keeping to rainy day funds aside for these.  Looking forward to hearing yours, and everyone else's thoughts.  Will be great to correlate a consensus, on what SDC profiles were, and why they were so special. 

Best of luck for the surgery, and fingers crossed for a pain free 2019. 

Best, Stefan

5 minutes ago, 99call said:

Cheers, Ray, 

Hope your not in too much discomfort, and managing to enjoy Christmas.   Yep, I'll be keeping to rainy day funds aside for these.  Looking forward to hearing yours, and everyone else's thoughts.  Will be great to correlate a consensus, on what SDC profiles were, and why they were so special. 

Best of luck for the surgery, and fingers crossed for a pain free 2019. 

Best, Stefan

Thanks man, but I think you might have miss understood my musings of 2018. I started 2018 with a back surgery... and overall the year finished up better than Rob's Rover!

God I hope I don't need more back work... Left hip now. Did the right in '07 and the left is getting pretty bad. Had planned to do it just before Christmas but I am so busy I could not find a surgeon that I liked.

... now that I think about it, better to keep me off the health issues! -LOL As long as I can smoke a few and post a few, life goes on!!! Cheers matey! And Happy New Year! -Ray

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PigFish said:

Thanks man, but I think you might have miss understood my musings of 2018. I started 2018 with a back surgery... and overall the year finished up better than Rob's Rover!

God I hope I don't need more back work... Left hip now. Did the right in '07 and the left is getting pretty bad. Had planned to do it just before Christmas but I am so busy I could not find a surgeon that I liked.

... now that I think about it, better to keep me off the health issues! -LOL As long as I can smoke a few and post a few, life goes on!!! Cheers matey! And Happy New Year! -Ray

Even better! I'm in a constant state of befuddlement. 

I hope you stay in one piece, but you could be just in time for the first Robocop trials.   I have a feeling you'd get decommissioned for unruly behaviour, and getting too much ash in you circuitboards.  Oh my god! how good would it be to have jet lighter fingers! and cigar cutter mouth, and, I was going to say ash tray hands, but then I remembered using the floor, would still be much more straight forward!! Ha!

Wow. That profile description... paired with that vitola... just wow. This sounds WAY up my alley. I’m gonna need a bundle of these. @El Presidente - did i miss the primary announcement about these? Will they be available through the INT store? 24:24? Havana frequent flyer special only? 

Ps I’m a cheeky bugger. Whenever I hear “dry palette” this image pops into my head ?

BD2337E6-EFC9-415C-B333-9BD4B9AA1BB7.jpeg

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

BD2337E6-EFC9-415C-B333-9BD4B9AA1BB7.jpeg

Don't apologise. I'm dyslexic as all hell,  If people don't pull me up, I will never get better!.

haha ! but thats just what it tasted like though!! my dry palate, tasted of dry palettes!!! does this mean i've gone level two "inception" level tasting?.  I'm I about to be woken up, wired to a briefcase?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 99call said:

Don't apologise. I'm dyslexic as all hell,  If people don't pull me up, I will never get better!.

haha ! but thats just what it tasted like though!! my dry palate, tasted of dry palettes!!! does this mean i've gone level two "inception" level tasting?.  I'm I about to be woken up, wired to a briefcase?

Definitely meta! I love it. So now I'm chompin at the bit. I need some of these! I'm already reaching out to my friends with far deeper/broader collections than mine, hunting for SDC1s to quell this urge that your reviews are bubbling up inside of me. As James May might say... "it gives me the fizz!"

4 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

hunting for SDC1s

Thats a tough one.  I find with hunting SDC, which I do. They've often been beaten up, languishing in odd corners of the Europe. What makes it harder is that I don't think a high proportion of SDC 3's were very pretty to begin with. 

Looks aside, they are great, but maybe sometimes not to everyones taste. Ray gives them a great, honest review (as always) here

This is also a great review

• Thanks 1