He’s been discussed here before. 112 wow.

3 minutes ago, poorman said:

He gave credit to God for his longevity, but he always said cigars and whiskey helped.

“I been smoking cigars from when I was 18 years old, I’m still a smoking ‘em. 12 a day,” he said.

:2thumbs:

RIP Sir! A couple here had the honor to meet him.

Hope the cigars and whisky contribute to my longevity as well. Could be around for a loooonnnggg time!

• Like 1

I'm of the belief that most people's habits and lifestyles, while they can lead to a longer than average life, that they don't wholly contribute to it. I believe genetics is a much greater contributing factor than any other variable. 112 is really something though. Would put me well into the next century. One can hope...but life is short, enjoy it like this man did! The right way: whisky and cigars.

1 hour ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I'm of the belief that most people's habits and lifestyles, while they can lead to a longer than average life, that they don't wholly contribute to it. I believe genetics is a much greater contributing factor than any other variable. 112 is really something though. Would put me well into the next century. One can hope...but life is short, enjoy it like this man did! The right way: whisky and cigars.

Agreed. I think it's something like 60% genetics, 40% lifestyle.