Bolivar Tubo No 1 2015 (UK box pass)

99call

Lovely sort of claro rosado wrapper, 

Nice sweet leathery cake-like aroma at cold. 

1st 3rd, First few puffs are a little schitzophrenic, sweet bacon, leaf mulch tannin. Salty on the lips, lovely draw, and a brazil nut oilyness.

2nd 3rd, Really odd lovely, lovely profile to this. Smoked a 96 point Coloniales yesterday, and this has that floral madeira cake, but also the meatiness of a BRC. burnt yorkshire pudding, and brazil nut umami continues.

3rd 3rd, Sadly the trini elements drop off completely as the power ramps up. I'd say we get an almost 10 swing at this point, and the final third is a bit void of character. A sort of chinese gunpowder tea dryness to the flavour.     

Conclusion,  I didn't give this cigar much of a chance, as it arrived with my yesterday, but as a 3yr old tubo, I though the cigar could easily deal with my lack of patience. 1st two thirds were magic and and easy 94, final third from of was a 84.   But jeese, utterly unique experience. To me if you blend a sweet Trini coloniales and a BRC together, people may suggest, you'd end up with a mess, but this is golden.   To me if your thinking of 'choking' a box of tubos for 10yrs,   these should be top of the list!!. 

Thank you Ayepatz, lovely put. 

DSC00725.JPG

DSC00727.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Stump89 said:

Nice review! These are discontinued now aren't they? I love the size of these, but never had one. Better than other Boli tubos?

Still available, just!  Not familiar with the smaller tubos. Other might chime in

18 minutes ago, ayepatz said:

Maybe a few more years might see that mellow a bit. 

Yeah I forgot to mention that, more put down time should defo bring them home.     "Floral Game" I like it, sounds like the smell you'd get if you give Theresa May a hug. 

I was gutted, I had a box delivered, but the powers that be ripped the box to bits (looked like a bear checked it).  Going to try again soon, as these are fabulous. Hats off to you sir, and thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...