Mold or not?

Not usual to get mold in Tubo’s. The mold should just wipe off and you would be fine but as mentioned I don’t think I’d use those tubes again. Mold on the foot of a cigar is a much bigger problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LLC said:

Not usual to get mold in Tubo’s. The mold should just wipe off and you would be fine but as mentioned I don’t think I’d use those tubes again. Mold on the foot of a cigar is a much bigger problem.

Thinking LLC means not UNusual.  

I check mine in tubes occasionally.  Temperature changes that can cause condensation can lead to mold.  

Also, I’ve wiped of dozens and dozens over time and put them right back in the same tube. Never an issue.  

• Like 1

Thinking LLC means not UNusual.  
I check mine in tubes occasionally.  Temperature changes that can cause condensation can lead to mold.  
Also, I’ve wiped of dozens and dozens over time and put them right back in the same tube. Never an issue.  

Correct, not unusual. Thanks for catching that.

Tubos are notorious for getting moldy, the tobacco was wet when it went into the tube and then sealed with the cap, so it forms mold. Flavor Crystals! No biggie, just wipe off with a tissue or rag, and smoke.

When I get tubos I keep the caps off for 30 days to let them acclimate, then I put the caps back on and let them hibernate until I'm ready to smoke em. The mold never comes back. 

• Like 2

If one were looking to sell you the cigar, it is plume!

If one were looking to buy the cigar, it is mold.

It all depends on the company you keep...

Post more and make yourself known. Enjoy the forum. You just learned some very important lessons about cigars, the community as a whole, and this community as a subset of it.

-the Pig

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Philc2001 said:

Tubos are notorious for getting moldy, the tobacco was wet when it went into the tube and then sealed with the cap, so it forms mold. Flavor Crystals! No biggie, just wipe off with a tissue or rag, and smoke.

When I get tubos I keep the caps off for 30 days to let them acclimate, then I put the caps back on and let them hibernate until I'm ready to smoke em. The mold never comes back. 

Thanks for the tip. I will def be doing this from now on