@Martin_F Wow!  That is a beautiful piece of work!  Nice job collaborating with your friend, and also reclaiming the original wood from your dad’s project.  @fastkiller13 and I had an exchange many weeks ago about humidors that take lengthy journies to our homes, and we settled on the term “rescue humidor”...just like a “rescue dog”.  You’ve got one magnificent rescue humidor my friend!

Just need pics when it’s full, and then the new pics when you start the new one because this one is full! Congrats and nice work to you both!

- Wheezy

• Like 2

Gorgeous looking humi!

Very impressive. Does anyone keep the trays/dividers in their humis? For me, they take up too much valuable space.
I do keep the top tray in my 300ct thats similar to this one... stacks of cigars on the bottom meant to stay there a while, an assortment on the top of 2 or so from each lot to easily grab and smoke.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

On 4/28/2018 at 6:46 PM, KRunch61 said:

Very impressive. Does anyone keep the trays/dividers in their humis? For me, they take up too much valuable space.

The dividers were designed to hold one box of 52 ring gauge cigars 6+ inches long, or 2 boxes back to back in each compartment if they're robusto sized.

So the max would be 6 boxes in the bottom for aging purposes. The top tray will hold all my singles and smoking stock.

That's the plan anyways ;)

17 hours ago, BTWheezy said:

@Martin_F Wow!  That is a beautiful piece of work!  Nice job collaborating with your friend, and also reclaiming the original wood from your dad’s project.  @fastkiller13 and I had an exchange many weeks ago about humidors that take lengthy journies to our homes, and we settled on the term “rescue humidor”...just like a “rescue dog”.  You’ve got one magnificent rescue humidor my friend!

Just need pics when it’s full, and then the new pics when you start the new one because this one is full! Congrats and nice work to you both!

- Wheezy

Thanks for the kind words, means a lot coming from you!

I like rescue humidor, that hits the nail on the head. If this one gets to small, I'll probably just do a Tupperdor in the basement, while this one will spend it's days upstairs with me!

If anybody is interested in some in-progress pictures, let me know...

On a side note, anyone looking to build their own humidor, I got the mortise system for the solid brass Brusso hinges laying around. I'd let it go on the cheap, if anybody is interested shoot me a PM.

• Like 1