• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Newcomers only.  No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary  We were a

This is good policy.    If "newb" questions bother you, better to move along rather than offer up snarky comments.

Make sure the RH in the box (and the room it is in) is lower than that of your humidor! Especially if it has been raining for a few days. People sometimes forget or don't realise their home could have

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking for some tips on refining palates and to get the most flavour out of cigars, don't think I'm alone to say that I struggle to capture all the notes. Currently I'm using a V Cut but just purchased a punch. Seen recommendations of chewing the smoke before retrohale, slower and less draws, proper storage/humidity, dry boxing etc. Does anyone else have any additional recommendations or just curious as to what you do?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2023 at 10:23 PM, RKPStogie said:
This thread is amazing. So much great information and I'm working through of CC vs NC cigars. I understand the recommendation to keep RH different between the two. I also see the recommendation to keep them separate because NCs can/will affect CCs. What are the specific ways that NCs can affect CCs? What am I missing. Thanks.

Did not know this. Learning new stuff already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/28/2023 at 9:14 AM, higgledy said:

Don't cigars lose flavor over time? I am talking ten years aging.

Most do not, if anything they tend to gain more complex flavors with time. Now maybe not all will due great with 10yrs but most due very well with at least a couple. I have trouble holding on to them long enough to see how they do with 10yrs but theres plenty of positive aged reviews out there. Its the conditions they are stored in that matters the most

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Biggerfaster40 said:

Am I a moron? Looking to check out my first 24:24 but I don’t see it up…. Was 10:30 am Brisbane time about 15 minutes ago or do I have my time conversion wrong here? Sorry for the newb dumb question

You definitely are not a moron! 24:24 is on a break over the Christmas/New Year period. It will return in the week beginning on Monday January 8th.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JohnS said:

You definitely are not a moron! 24:24 is on a break over the Christmas/New Year period. It will return in the week beginning on Monday January 8th.

Now wait a minute, John. You never miss a chance to call me a moron. Why does the new guy get a break?… 😳

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JohnS said:

Haha...it's good to share a laugh! 😅

Wanna trade t-shirts? 😀

• 3 weeks later...

Noobie question - after watching PigFish's video on % moisture content, howcome % moisture content is not the standard way people measure how they want to store/smoke their cigars? Until I joined this forum - given that I'm relatively new in general, I never even realized temp played such a roll. I always just assumed RH was the only particularly relevant thing. Is it not the standard to measure % moisture simply because it's not feasible to have such information? And people who are into cigars just know they're both important so they inherently monitor both?

9 hours ago, RoryWoodworth said:

Noobie question - after watching PigFish's video on % moisture content, howcome % moisture content is not the standard way people measure how they want to store/smoke their cigars? Until I joined this forum - given that I'm relatively new in general, I never even realized temp played such a roll. I always just assumed RH was the only particularly relevant thing. Is it not the standard to measure % moisture simply because it's not feasible to have such information? And people who are into cigars just know they're both important so they inherently monitor both?

What's easier for someone new to cigars to understand; telling them that a little doohickey that shows temp and RH is what they need and to keep it at a certain level (eg 65F/65%RH), or telling them they need to store at a certain moisture content and handing them a chart... plus the little doohickey so they can do the calculations.

The KISS principle applies here. Some people just want to enjoy their cigar, others want to delve further into all the nitty gritty, and all shades in-between. The temp/RH method works for most and is easy to understand.

On 2/21/2018 at 12:43 AM, El Presidente said:

For Newcomers only. 

No question will go unanswered. No smartarse comments, no reference to using the search engine. We will answer each and every one...as many times as necessary :D

We were all in your position once. I hope you will be answering these questions in the years to come. Welcome :thumbsup:

I have a question about the ranking system. First of all I apologize if the information is already posted and I missed it. I am curious about the rank is their perks to higher ranks? Do I get a higher rank from submitting post and replying to others that have posted? Just wanting to know the ins and outs I am completely new to this site and cigars in general. 

11 minutes ago, Sir. smokes alot said:

I am curious about the rank is their perks to higher ranks? 

Unlimited Sir Winston for 30 days. 

Rankings reflect contribution to the community. that may also reflect respect within the community. 

That and free cigars. 

;)

8 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Unlimited Sir Winston for 30 days. 

Rankings reflect contribution to the community. that may also reflect respect within the community. 

That and free cigars.

Lol might not tell me unlimited Winstons! I might just start unloading randomness to get that rank up lol. I am just pretty new to all this so I am trying to figure out the ropes. I am lovin this forum, seems like a good community. 

• 2 weeks later...