SuperBowl LII

So it has come to that time of the year - SuperBowl

With New England Patriots coming good and Philadelphia Eagles beating the Vikings, should be interesting to watch. Since this game will be a rematch of Super Bowl XXXIX.

What are everyone's predictions? Would New England win again or Will Eagles come good this time?

I am assuming everyone will be prepping (food, drinks, smokes) already for game day.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My prediction is don't ever bet against Tom Brady...

i'm not fussed either way on the pats, normally, but playing the iggles, i'll be cheering tom brady from the roof. philly winning the superbowl would be the final nail in the coffin of western ci

Go Federer!

As a Viking fan, I want philly to beat brady. However, as a Viking fan, I hope philly gets trounced. I am impartial, however, I will be rooting for philly as I have much hatred for the man they call brady.

Minnesota did not come to play at all today.

• Like 2

Just now, marquardt65 said:

As a Viking fan, I want philly to beat brady. However, as a Viking fan, I hope philly gets trounced. I am impartial, however, I will be rooting for philly as I have much hatred for the man they call brady.

Minnesota did not come to play at all today.

if it was a horse race, they'd call the stewards. no idea what happened to the viks. that was an awful effort. you can say that the iggles were seriously good and the viks were not allowed to play well but it seemed that there was more to it. so good all year and then, with a chance to play a superbowl at home, that?

eagles were very good. you have to be impressed. i know that the skins have been bleating all year about a massive injury list, and they do have that, but i think objectively that you could say that the eagles had been more adversely impacted by all their injuries. and still made the bowl. more evidence we stink.

i saw montana do so many extraordinary things that i cannot bring myself to say there has ever been better but how the hell do you argue against brady. at least as good. just wow!

here is a question for all fans -

viks - what happens with all their QBs? who goes/stays?

iggles - what happens to foles next year, especially if he wins the superbowl? say he wins the bowl and win MVP. next year, he is a back-up? crazy.

I'd say keep keenum and dump off Bradford for everything he's worth. Draft some OL and DB's and work towards getting back to the playoffs at least.

2 minutes ago, marquardt65 said:

I'd say keep keenum and dump off Bradford for everything he's worth. Draft some OL and DB's and work towards getting back to the playoffs at least.

when you say for everything he is worth, my understanding is that he is a free agent. so you are not getting anything for him. or do you sign/tag him and hope you can trade?

but then what happens to teddy b?

I'm hoping they can get something for him, if signed. We shall see what the offseason brings on that front. However, my belief is that keenum starts if signed and Teddy two gloves is the backup. That all remains to be seen though as im almost positive that Keenum is a UFA in the offseason.

I'm hoping they can get something for him, if signed. We shall see what the offseason brings on that front. However, my belief is that keenum starts if signed and Teddy two gloves is the backup. That all remains to be seen though as im almost positive that Keenum is a UFA in the offseason.

i thought all three were free agents next year. the only QB on the roster is a rookie - no idea of his name.

I'm not 100% sure to be honest but its going to be interested, especially with losing Pat Shurmer (OC) to the Giants, next seasons offensive could look vastly different

I'm not 100% sure to be honest but its going to be interested, especially with losing Pat Shurmer (OC) to the Giants, next seasons offensive could look vastly different

yes, i guess that will be a decision to be made involving the new OC.

1 minute ago, marquardt65 said:

further thought - with shurmer going to the giants (and i hope he proves to be a top OC but a crap head coach), i wonder if he is so positive about any of the three that he brings one with him to back up eli and take over in a year or so?

I believe his plan is to make his way to the Senior Bowl to do some scouting for draft as their draft position is relatively good this year

i think they go 2, so they will either have the QB the browns don't want (darnald or rosen?). unless the browns go kirk, in which case they can take the top QB. who will no doubt be delighted to sit on a bench for a year.

and yes, all three viks QBs are UFA's.

4 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

further thought - with shurmer going to the giants (and i hope he proves to be a top OC but a crap head coach), i wonder if he is so positive about any of the three that he brings one with him to back up eli and take over in a year or so?

Now now...

Shurmur was not the most enthralling choice, but neither was Coughlin some years ago so time will tell here. 

Interesting thought on bringing one along. Keenum, and not Bradford for once, is the most likely to get drastically overpaid this upcoming year. 

I have no judgment yet on either of those two QBs, but I’ve read some internet theory that elway could bet the house and try to trade up to #2. The Giants are in need of a lot and won’t be fixed by one messiah so I’m actually hoping they can fleece him. 

Been a lifelong Eagles fan so really looking forward to this Super Bowl.  I think the Eagles played extremely well after the first drive.  Vikings took the ball and rammed it right down their throat to start the game with an opening touchdown and then couldn’t do much the rest of the game.  After that score, the Eagles defense was dominant and Foles made some great throws.  Will be a tough matchup versus Brady and the Patriots but I think they relish the role of the underdog after being picked to lose the last two weeks even though both games were at home.

As for the Vikings, most sports radio personalities think they will try and resign Teddy Bridgewater and either resign or franchise one of the other two QBs.  Might come down to who is cheaper or if they want to franchise Keenum for next year to see if he can repeat his success or if he was a one year wonder.  Bridgewater, coming off the gruesome injury, should be much cheaper to resign since most teams wont want to take a flyer on him if he is asking for too much money.

I will be dressed head to toe in Eagles garb as I head to my buddy’s Super Bowl party.  Food will be eaten, beers and bourbon will be consumed and a cigar will be smoked.  Whether it is a victory cigar or consolation cigar is still to be decided.

Go Birds!!!

• Like 1

I thought the team with the best chance to bet the Patriots was Jacksonville. I'm a Pittsburgh guy, if you can't tell from the screen name, and I don't think we would've been able to beat them with our poor defense. Jax whooped us and had some serious momentum going for them. I didn't think either NFC team would be able to knock them off. I hope I'm wrong though. 

• Like 2

If Foles plays as well as he did against the Vikes, Philly wins the Super Bowl. But then let me remind everyone that Foles scored PERFECT passer ratings against the Vikings in both of the main QB scoring systems..

158.3 = QB PASSER RATING

99.9% = QBR

QB Ratings-wise, it is literally impossible for Foles to play any better.

About a 1% chance he plays within 90% or more of his Vikings game performance in the Super Bowl.

I like the PATS by 10.

• Like 2

I am 100% Masshole, so it's all Patriots for me.  I use to live about 5 miles from Tom Brady's house.  All these championship and super bowls is really dwindling my special event cigars and wine.  We win too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Nekhyludov
6 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

I am 100% Masshole, so it's all Patriots for me.  I use to live about 5 miles from Tom Brady's house.  All these championship and super bowls is really dwindling my special event cigars and wine.  We win too much.

:lol: That is the Masshole-iest thing I've ever read. Beautiful!