e-mail of the month and why we don't discuss other vendors.

Wait.....there are other vendors beside El Prez ??? Wish I would have known that before I spent my retirement money with him. Oh well....at least I will be smoking fine cigars as I push my shopping cart along the mean streets of Chicago :lol:

• Like 3

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rob, I know from experience that open vendor discussions only belong on a private forum. Fakes or not, frankly I have seen too many witch hunts in my time, mostly from a pack of morons who won't even

I recently received the below e-mail. it has been sorted out since but I thought it worthwhile to explain our mindset to newer FOH members who may be wondering.  Anyway here was the original emai

That would not be the e-mail of the month from the forum. It would be, Dear CUNTINT, Have you got anything longer, thicker and older? Sincerely, Canadianbeaver

On 3/23/2017 at 9:15 PM, El Presidente said:

The October 2010 Chicago cigar massacre showcased what can happen when the stars align. 100,000 cigars seized over two weeks. 

Online operators went out of business. Refunds weren't made. It was ugly.  

Interestingly, one of the operators is mentioned in the comments posted on canaysis . That same operator was hit hard in the October massacre but refunded every single client and there were hundreds. 

So back to the point you raised. 

Seizures, Duties, Taxes are fears that buyers have (to different levels) in different parts of the world.  There is no upside to "touting" a retailer loud and proud. The more popular they become, the higher the risk (albeit maybe only incrementally). 

it is the reason why I wince when I see a "my first box from FOH" thread complete with package marking photo and member location. 

.....I know it was with the best of intentions...but no good can come of it. :huh:

Perhaps no photos of packaging would be a worthy new rule?