HDM Elegantes. First Look

I was able to pickup a box and couple singles earlier this month during my trip to Czech from LCDH. I have one in my drybox to smoke this weekend.  Curious to see what flavors and draw I'll get from this new vitola.  Plan is to smoke one of the singles now, the next in 6 months, and let the box rest for awhile see how they develop.  As Prez mentioned inventory will probably not be an issue moving forward.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 9:15 PM, JohnS said:

What I'm interested in is whether the same rollers that do Cuaba are rolling this perfecto release (47 rg x 158 mm). If so, my concerns about it are the same as all Cuaba, you've got to make sure they've got no construction issues, these perfectos are harder to roll than standard parejos for sure. No doubt, El Pres, you've thought of this scenario already with your stock coming in. If these come out of the same factory a Cuaba, we may see some more TOS stock.

Good points John

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 10:38 PM, mrretrohale said:

The first thing I wanted when I started smoking was a presidente/ perfecto cigars cause that's what all the cartoons and movies had. However experience has not lived up to memory. Hopefully this will turn things around, got a stick and I'm raring to try.

Surprised you didn't notice they were really smoking Liga Privada Flying Pigs in those cartoon and movie scenes.  "It's Curtains for you Bugsy... yeahh, Coi-tains."

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 11:38 PM, messa said:

Missed purchasing these elsewhere. Will be happy to try and grab a box when you put them up Prez.

Same here, saw them and almost pulled trigger but went with others instead. Now they gone ?

Ive had better luck overall with the lcdh runs than LEs and REs. I'll probably grab a box of these when avail 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2017 at 7:15 PM, JohnS said:

What I'm interested in is whether the same rollers that do Cuaba are rolling this perfecto release (47 rg x 158 mm). If so, my concerns about it are the same as all Cuaba, you've got to make sure they've got no construction issues, these perfectos are harder to roll than standard parejos for sure. No doubt, El Pres, you've thought of this scenario already with your stock coming in. If these come out of the same factory a Cuaba, we may see some more TOS stock.

I'd expect these will be handled by the same torcedors that roll the Party Presidentes. I'm sure they have time on their hands as PP are fairly low-volume production, and Rob has become pretty adept at picking those by now. I don't see any issues with obvious construction flaws that'll get past Rob, but I would probably only buy these from Rob, at least until the reviews come rolling in.

BTW, while not a big HdM fan I do love the vitola and will be looking forward to sampling one at the LCDH.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2017 at 9:15 AM, JohnS said:

I've heard of these issues but wouldn't lots of the issues be down at the foot? Simple cut of the foot would open it up I would think. Tightness around the head you'd be screwed I guess. 

Saying that, I've been working my way through a box of divinos for a fair while and never had a draw problem. Same with the handful of Salomon I've had over the years. 

My personal opinion is folks are storing or smoking these things too wet. 

• Like 1

I'll probably grab these when avail again.  I've always avoided the vitola.  Bought some RA regionals that were similar and the construction was shit.  Over filled I guess where they taper so the split open. Cusbas ive had maybe 10 and all of them have had major construction issues.

fuente rollers have got these type/shape down to an art.  I'm just hoping these finally get the cc flavor I'm seeking in the perfecto that the nc guys seem to have down.