Where is Reynaldo?

39 minutes ago, torsion said:

I just got back on Saturday - calling @nino who told me the news....

18 minutes ago, Icaminero91 said:

He's in Mexico as far as I know.

I heard about 2-3 weeks ago that he had left. He and another employee...

31 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

For work? Personal?

Who told me that doesnt know details.

Just that he and another employee are not in Conde plans anymore and that the current/former (?) manager is in Mexico.

It's strange that he left few days before Festival even if it was for a world tour.

I am sure some members here will enlight the fact for us.

• Like 1

From what Nino said he's left the country and he's not coming back.He's in Mexico and will rebuild his life there.No more house roller at Conde de Villanueva ?

What i heard is that now the FAR(The Military) is the one that runs the businesses in cuba, making a lot of people asking to be let go or leaving. It is tougher now to make a on the side living down there. If caught not following entirely the rules(Which is needed to survive most of the time) you don't get fired, but sentenced to prison.

Not terribly surprising since the military (GAESA) essentially took over La Habana Vieja, discussed that with him in November.....

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The talent drain continues unabated. 

The loss of Cuba industry "characters"  is disappointing while at the same time most of us can understand the personal reasoning for a better life. There by the grace of God go we. 

I was not close to Reynaldo by any means. However I will break the news to local mate Stan who will no doubt go into a state of mourning and shut his travel agency for 9 days ;)

Where will Stan now spend his mornings, sipping a rum and tucking in to a cheese platter? :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

Where will Stan now spend his mornings, sipping a rum and tucking in to a cheese platter? :lol:

Fly up so we can tell Stan together. The grief will be more than I can bear alone. :help:

Love his sublimes, sad to hear the government is after side business operators. This does not bide well for the custom cigars market and the Cuban people in general.

Hopefully Reynaldo makes a better new life for himself and his family...

A couole months ago, they cut the Villanueva staff in half, and it was Rey and 1 other. Rey left for mexick and when i talked to him on FB a couole weeks ago he said he would be back and should be by the festival. Yesterday, the ither employee told me he is quitting after he completed his last orders, about 300 on his page. He talk as if Rey was still coming back. It is after the festival and Rey is still not back. Take that for what it is worth.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

As an aside, at the start of the festival (I believe on Sunday afternoon), there were about a dozen Reynaldo customs left at the Villanueva, which were all purchased by another FOH member immediately before me.  Understanding I was there to get a few, he was gentlemanly enough to give me one to enjoy (A GREAT BOTL - Thanks Again!).  While the staff was not interested in talking with me in any substantive manner, they simply told me they did not have any more.  But, I suspect, just like every LCDH in Havana, there were many more that were being saved for familiar faces.  Nevertheless, the stock is likely low, for whatever its worth. 

1 hour ago, boopdeep said:

As an aside, at the start of the festival (I believe on Sunday afternoon), there were about a dozen Reynaldo customs left at the Villanueva, which were all purchased by another FOH member immediately before me.  Understanding I was there to get a few, he was gentlemanly enough to give me one to enjoy (A GREAT BOTL - Thanks Again!).  While the staff was not interested in talking with me in any substantive manner, they simply told me they did not have any more.  But, I suspect, just like every LCDH in Havana, there were many more that were being saved for familiar faces.  Nevertheless, the stock is likely low, for whatever its worth. 

For a minute I thought i was the one you were talking about lol. I did the same thing but at the very end of the festival on Saturday. Stock is extremely low or non-existing.

Like you said they set apart some sticks apparently for certain customers, cuba system at its best. When i got there i was informed only one 25 bundle was left of a cigar called top ten or totem similar to the pata de elefante one. I got 15 of those, shared 2 with some guys there.

I can live with a ten pack, if you are interested i can part with 3 more. I'm dallas, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diamondog said:

i hear Rey is back

Where's Waldo never got so much attention. 

if someone can let us know it would be great. Stan has been in tears for 48 hours and is putting together a local wake. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Where's Waldo never got so much attention. 

if someone can let us know it would be great. Stan has been in tears for 48 hours and is putting together a local wake. 

:rotfl:

Ran into a frequent Havana traveler yesterday.  According to him, Rey is gone for good to Mexico.  He expressed it without any surprise as if he's been privy to this info prior to the Festival.  Please don't consider this authoritative.  Still very much hearsay.