Where is Reynaldo?

I was at his shop in the Conde de Villanueva on February 25 to watch the rugby, having called in the day before to book the TV in the little bar off the shop.

About 10 of us including Punch Joe and the Gibraltarians. 

I was told he was "on vacation" by staff who didn't seem too interested in serving us at all. Most of the time they just sat around in the main area. Very few customers came in on a day when that shop should have been thick with smoke.

They still had some shop/custom rolls. I bought 3 petit coronas for the first three of us from a little humidor behind the bar. I can't remember what they cost. 

I also heard that the army has taken over the hotel and that he cannot/could not get the quantity of tobacco he was used to. I wasn't in the shop after that day.

Standing for the 2 Irish anthems.

IMG_6352.JPG

• Like 1

I just called Rey at the cigar shop and he is there. I told him there was gossip about himbstaying in Mexico and he said, naw I just have many friends there.

So for the moment all is good.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just back home yesterday from Havana and while I was also quite certain that Rey had left for good - surprise, surprise, he is back at Conde de Villanueva.

Met him at the LCDH last week and he told me he had "vacationed" in Mexico for 40 days during the Festival as he had no cigars to sell and didn't want to face his disappointed customers of which he'd lost quite a few due to not having any CR cigars...

Told me he had not left ........ yet ....     :)

• Like 2