Fat Bastard Competition Recipe Favourites.

El Presidente

Into our second month of the FBC and one of the biggest problems can be dietary boredom :rolleyes:

Post up on this thread your favourite FBC snack/meals recipes. Throw in the calorie count to help others out. 

I will let this run until the end of the comp. The recipe (snack/meal) with the most likes will receive a nice 5 pack sampler from myself. 

There is no limit to the number of recipes you can post. You do need to throw in the calorie count however. Remember, the simpler the better and given that we are cigar lovers.....flavour counts!

It is all about helping others out :thumbsup:

• Like 1

For the low carbers...cauliflower is very versatile in how it can be prepared to be much like potatoes, bread, dough, etc.  This is one of my favorites.  

Loaded "baked potato" casserole

• 2 12 cups cooked cauliflower (I use frozen, cooked until tender, in the microwave)
  • 1 cup sour cream (low fat works here, too)
  • 34 cup shredded cheddar cheese (full-fat works best)
  • 3 green onions, finely chopped
  • 3 -6 slices crumpled cooked bacon or 3 -6 slices turkey bacon
  • salt and pepper

Directions

1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
  2. Chop cooked cauliflower into very small pieces.
  3. Mix sour cream, 1/2 of the green onions, 1/2 of the cheese, 1/2 of the bacon, and salt and pepper to taste in medium bowl.
  4. Stir in the cauliflower.
  5. Place in medium baking dish and sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes.
  7. Sprinkle the remaining green onions on top just before serving.

Nutrition Info

Serving Size: 1 (217 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 3

Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 332.2

Calories from Fat 252
76%
Total Fat 28.1 g
43%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g
79%
Cholesterol 78.3 mg
26%
Sodium 450.7 mg
18%
Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
8%
Sugars 4.9 g
19%
Protein 13.6 g
27%

I have started my Low Carb lifestyle few months ago and it has been a life changer. There is some things that I still crave for.... like PIZZA! But there is a solution! And it taste great too! I was pretty skeptical about cauliflower and how it will taste, but boy was I in for a surprise!

Cauliflower Mini Pizzas 

This makes about 9 servings

1 large head cauliflower - 42g of carbs

2 large eggs - 1g

1 cup shredded mozzarella - 4g

1/4 cup shredded Parmesan - 1g

1 table spoon garlic powder - 7g

salt - 0g

Freshly ground black pepper

1/2 cup of marinara sause - 10g

1/4 cup of pepperoni - 0g

2 table spoons of finely chopped fresh basil - 0g

You will get about 7g of Carbs per Serving! Versus 45g of carbs per One Slice of Pizza.

Directions

Grate Cauliflower to make small fine crumbs. Put it all in large bowl. Preheat oven to 400 F.

Add eggs, third of mozzarella, Parmesan, Bazil, garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.

Make small patties ( they will be wet) and put them on oiled baking sheet.

Bake them until golden about 20 min.

Then top each pattie with thin layer of Marinara Sause, remaining mozzarella and pepperoni.

Bake some more until cheese melts and pepperoni is crispy. Usually about 10 more minutes.

DIG IN! It tastes like REAL PIZZA!

Here is a last batch I made the other day with help of my lovely wife! DELICIOUS!

• Like 1

Hey folks here's a damn good anytime meal. i cobbled this recipe together from a bunch of different things. Enjoy:

Kenny's Anytime Egg Meal

20170126_190221_1485536125571_resized.jpeg

Don’t be intimidated it looks kind of complicated. Once you make it you’ll see it’s super easy. You can throw in any kind of veggie you have and use any kind of cheese. Add more or less of anything…it's that kind of recipe.

What you’ll need:

1 12x9 non-stick baking pan
1 large skillet with a cover
9 large eggs
3 or 4 large white potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
1 green/red/yellow pepper (whatever you have), diced
1 lb sliced mushrooms
1 medium onion chopped
1 clove garlic, pressed or chopped
1 zucchini diced
1 large bag regular or baby spinach
1 large head of broccoli, cut into small, bite-size heads
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup grated cheddar/provolone/swiss/mozza/gruyere (whatever you have)
2 large sliced tomatoes
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper

Brush the inside of the pan with 1 tbsp of the oil and 1 tbsp melted butter. Lay the sliced potatoes, covering  the bottom of the buttered pan in layers…2 or 3 layers are enough (more if you like!). Salt and Pepper to taste. Bake in a 400F oven for 15 minutes. If not browned, bake for 5 more minutes…still not browned, baked for 5 more. Doing this can be annoying, just bake them for 20 minutes if you like, browning is not so important. Remove from oven and set aside.

Set the oven to 350F.

Brown the onion, garlic, peppers, and mushrooms in the remaining oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli and zucchini, stir-fry for 5 more minutes. Salt and Pepper to taste. Add the spinach, as much or as little as you want (I add it until the pan is completely full to the top, it’ll shrink big time!). Cover and let cook over medium until the spinach is completely wilted (5 minutes or so). Stir thoroughly, and pour everything over the potatoes in the baking pan.

Whisk the 9 eggs in a bowl with a little milk, stir in the 1 cup of grated cheddar/provolone/swiss/mozza, and gently pour the mixture into the baking pan.

Cover with foil and bake in 350F oven for 30 min.

Remove from oven, remove the foil, and top with sliced tomatoes. Sprinkle the basil, oregano, salt and pepper, and the grated parmesan cheese over the tomatoes. Return to the oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.

YUMMY!

Tri-tip, potato and veggies as simple and delicious as it gets, and you'll have fun grilling it. Favorite meal in my rotation, makes it look like I'm cheating but it's actually surprisingly healthy. Low in fat and high in protein, 659 calories and leaves 1000-1300 for the rest of the day. The roast leaves enough for one or two more servings to put away for later, just add more of the veggies. I doubt many of you here need the instructions but I'll give mine anyway:

Ingredients:

1 Tri-tip Roast (measure out 8 oz for 1 serving after cooking)

Salt & pepper to taste

Rosemary

Thyme

1 Russett Potato, cut into squares

1/2 Ear of Corn

1 Cup sliced Portabella Mushrooms

Garlic salt and pepper to taste

Dash of olive oil

Lemon

Steps for steak:

Preheat grill to 350-400 F

Rub tri-tip with salt & pepper or your favorite rub generously

Sprinkle the rosemary and thyme on both sides

Throw steak on low flame with other burners on high for 40-60 min to preferred doneness

Let rest 5 min, slice and serve

Steps for veggies:

Toss mushrooms and potatoes separately in garlic salt, pepper and a little bit of oil / BONUS add paprika and rosemary to potatoes

Wrap mushrooms in foil, place on grill

Wrap corn and place on grill

Cook potatoes on skillet until done

Remove mushrooms and corn when done

Rub corn with lemon, sprinkle some salt

^^^^ If you get bored of these, try subbing in sweet potatoes or other veggies you like. Asparagus, onions, brussel sprouts etc. ^^^

FEAST, and finish off with 2 oz of whiskey and your favorite stick. I find the smoky yet smooth sweetness of Lagavulin 16 bridges the gap between grilled meat and a dessert cigar rather nicely. Enjoy!

Photo Mar 04, 4 06 46 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 07, 9 50 40 PM.jpg

Photo Jul 19, 8 09 06 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 06, 7 25 27 PM.jpg

• Like 3

Balsamic and Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower.

Ingredients

• 8 cups 1-inch-thick slices cauliflower florets
    • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    • 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
    • ¼ teaspoon salt
    • Freshly ground pepper to taste
    • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    • ½ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions

• 1.) Preheat oven to 450°F.
  • 2.) Toss cauliflower, oil, marjoram, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until starting to soften and brown on the bottom, 15 to 20 minutes. Toss the cauliflower with vinegar and sprinkle with cheese. Return to the oven and roast until the cheese is melted and any moisture has evaporated, 5 to 10 minutes more.

13 minutes ago, seattledude said:

Yummy but lot of carbs in that potato. 

You can always leave out the potato and eat more Tri-tip, sounds delicious to me :D 

I consume 222 grams of carbs per day, 50 grams of fat and 165 grams of protein that all add up to 2,000 calories. As long as I stick to those amounts and hit the gym consistently, I eat just about anything I want and am still losing fat. You can find info on this searching for "Flexible Dieting IIFYM"; it also works if you want a low-carb diet just shift the ratio to more fat and less carbs.

Here's my favorite snack:

Photo Mar 07, 9 55 39 PM.jpg

Photo Mar 08, 9 40 49 AM.jpg

Yup that is what I do. I am on 25 grams of Carbs, 65 grams of Fat and 210 grams Protein with total of 1500 calories per day.

I am 6.2 =)

Its pretty aggressive, but I have been neglecting myself for a very long time so I am really trying to kick my butt back in shape with first leaning out on cardio and getting ready for spring.

• Like 1

Oh man that is aggressive! I'm also 6.2 so I feel your pain :o

I do weight training with HIIT so I have to eat more - I'm trying to transfer fat ---> muscle. It's not fast but it's working.

6 hours ago, nsills said:

Oh man that is aggressive! I'm also 6.2 so I feel your pain :o

I do weight training with HIIT so I have to eat more - I'm trying to transfer fat ---> muscle. It's not fast but it's working.

Besides noob muscle gains (those new to lifting), it's impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. You need to take in more calories than you burn to gain muscle and you obviously need to take in less calories than you burn to lose fat. If you don't lift hard while trying to lose weight, you'll lose a muscle and fat and look like a skinnier version of your fatter self.  Just my 2 cents.

12 hours ago, dangolf18 said:

Besides noob muscle gains (those new to lifting), it's impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time. You need to take in more calories than you burn to gain muscle and you obviously need to take in less calories than you burn to lose fat. If you don't lift hard while trying to lose weight, you'll lose a muscle and fat and look like a skinnier version of your fatter self.  Just my 2 cents.

Not impossible at all; I actually find it way easier than bulking and cutting because it's flexible with my lifestyle. I'm not trying to lose weight, just fat. I've dropped about 4-5% body fat in the past six months, and weigh about the same as when I started (208 lbs @ 6'2"). Unless I'm losing bone density, I'm making gains :D. You just have to be consistent at the gym, consume the correct amounts of carbs fats and proteins, and as you say, lift heavy.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Yeah, your employees must be jacked  :lol3:

He is.... and thanks for the compliment, considering I am the only employee here!!! :P

I mostly hire casual to unload the 40' containers, but quality workers are hard to come by. The last casual rocked up, lifted exactly 4 bags, then quit!

1 hour ago, Fuzz said:

He is.... and thanks for the compliment, considering I am the only employee here!!! :P

I mostly hire casual to unload the 40' containers, but quality workers are hard to come by. The last casual rocked up, lifted exactly 4 bags, then quit!

Where do I sign up :rolleyes:

I have LOADS of Fat Bastard Recipes. Here's my go-to twice a day when I am out of town (I bring my own food and scale)

X2 of this = 500 calories and is 40% Carbs, 30% Protien and 30% fat.
1"Ole" high fiber tortilla wrap
2 1/8 oz" carving board turkey (50-60 cal per oz)
1 Tablespoon Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
1 Tablespoon Spicy pepper hummus
5/8ths Oz dried cranberries
8 grams walnuts
1 romaine lettuce leaf.

We have a local smokehouse that smokes whole breasts, spiral cuts it and vacuum packs it. It's a bit salty but all natural and just plain tasty.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

58cef1277ca80_FOHrecipe.thumb.JPG.c5b4667f50e4c8c74281c020317b62dd.JPG

High energy low cal breakfast helps me offset my favorite soon to be deleted Bolivar Corona Gigantes and maybe 3 glasses of red wine (wishfull thinking)  :)

• Like 1

Went down to Melbourne for the weekend to have dinner at Attica (currently no.1 restaurant in Aus, no.33 in the world). Gonna have to work extra hard this week.

Smashed Avocado with Mint on Toast

Image result for attica restaurant food

Salted Red Kangaroo with Bunya Bunya

Image result for attica restaurant

Marron, Quandong and Pearl

Image result for attica restaurant

Here is another quick and Keto / Low Carb friendly dessert. I do crave for sweets sometimes and this one just hits the spot. So Tasty! 

Creamsicle Jello

Ingredients:

2 cups of boiling water

1 box of sugar free jello

1 cup of sour cream

1 cup of heavy whipping cream

Add two cups of boiling water to Jello and follow direction on mixing. (mix fast for 2 min) or use kitchen mixer. Add 1 cup of Sour Cream and keep on mixing. Add 1 cup of Whipping Cream and keep on mixing... this is where powered mixer is nice!

Separate them in 4 to 8 containers and place in the fridge to chill for about 10-12 hours. 

Enjoy!

Calories, Carbs, Fat and Protein.

Jello - Sugar Free, 1box (8.5 cup version)

Sour Cream - 16tbs, (30g)

Heavy Whipping CREAM - 16tbs (15ml)

This will make 4 Servings.

Total Calories 1320 (330 per serving), Carbs 8 ( Only 2 per serving), Fat 120 (30 per serving)

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic