The initial obstacles of starting to smoke cigars

It's all a matter of personal taste.   :mellow:

Seriously, when I started 25 years ago i could have made the same mistake.  

Speaking of actual hurdles to starting, for me it was feeling overwhelmed and being afraid to make a silly mistake like the ones pictured.  It just seemed so daunting....   Ended up getting good advice from then new friends and getting a good steer down the path rather than thinking cigars all tasted like a burning split-rail fence....

• Like 2

It's all a matter of personal taste.   :mellow:

Seriously, when I started 25 years ago i could have made the same mistake.  

Speaking of actual hurdles to starting, for me it was feeling overwhelmed and being afraid to make a silly mistake like the ones pictured.  It just seemed so daunting....   Ended up getting good advice from then new friends and getting a good steer down the path rather than thinking cigars all tasted like a burning split-rail fence....

I completely agree. And by no means do I think that the guy who did that is any less than what I was when I started. I really do wish he had sat somewhere closer to anyone more experienced, maybe he would've become a regular.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Hahahaha, god only knows how awful that has to taste!

bar for entry for me was the commitment to a whole box of Cubans when I had little to no brand experience being an American. Sure you can get samplers but box pricing was so much better