New York for the weekend

Ah, my old stomping grounds. 

My friend, look no further than Club Macanudo.  26 E 63rd St, New York, NY 10065.  That place, like many in New York, is not cheap.  However, hot damn do they serve good food and it's a lovely atmosphere.  Really warms my cockles every time I get to head back home.  Call ahead and make a reservation.  It's usually packed. 

Safe travels brotha. 

• Like 1

There are virtually none.

NYC has gotten progressively worse over the years with liberal policy.

Here's pretty much the entire list, It's shameful to say the least:

1. The Carnegie Club (I like this place and go often, I'm rarely hit with a "cutting charge" and it's located in midtown)

2. Soho Cigar Bar (another I frequent a bit, also rarely hit with a "cutting charge" it's downtown and not a bad spot ..ventilation isn't great)

3. Club Macanudo (not a bad looking spot, dress code required and can be expensive, I don't go often as I've been hit with stupid cutting fees of $15 or $20 after ordering $400 worth of drinks)

4. Hudson Bar And Books 

5. Casa De Montecristo (never been, it's more of a store that allows smoking and byob)

6. Grand Havana Room (Members only)

There are a few in the outer boroughs, but in Manhattan, that's it. A few stores like Davidoff will let you smoke in the store.

How long are you in town for?

Let me also say, I haven't been to this place in a while, but it's a nice spot:

The Wall Street Humidor: 18 Warren St, New York, NY 10007

Check to make sure it's still open.  It's a nice shop, kind of confusing as far as decoration goes--reminds you of a furniture store in a pawn shop, but they treated me very well, and prices were reasonable.  They only sell cigars, no booze, but they'll let you drink there. 

There's also the Martinez Cigar Shop 171 W 29th St, New York, NY 10001.  Kind of a hole in the wall, but it's an awesome shop to stop by.  They roll sticks on cite, and they are very friendly.  Stop by, strike up a conversation, and buy some sticks, maybe bring a six pack and shoot the breeze. 

Couple years back I spent 2 weeks in NYC with the sole purpose of checking out as many cigar lounges as I could

I'd recommend Nat Sherman's Townhouse- 12 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
Great Spot

Another one worth checking out is Cigar Inn- 334 E 73rd St, New York, NY 10021, USA
One of the best appointed lounges in the city

9 hours ago, polarbear said:

Couple years back I spent 2 weeks in NYC with the sole purpose of checking out as many cigar lounges as I could

I'd recommend Nat Sherman's Townhouse- 12 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10017, USA
Great Spot

Another one worth checking out is Cigar Inn- 334 E 73rd St, New York, NY 10021, USA
One of the best appointed lounges in the city

100% concur - love Nat Sherman's townhouse, opens 10am-7pm on Sat, 11am-6pm Sundays. It's quieter on weekends, just how I like it!

Cigar Inn is cool uptown, nice quiet spot - twinned with what is now called Casa De Montecristo before they were bought out by Imperial Tobacco. BYOB.

15 hours ago, PaulPower said:

I'll be in New York for the weekend. Any recommendations on good places to smoke? Manhattan and Brooklyn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of Manhattan recommendations, here are some Brooklyn:

Diamantes Brooklyn Cigar Lounge in Ft Greene...laid back

Blew Smoke - i think it's byob...sophisticated

Also Club Macanudo has opened a roof top cigar lounge on top of the Knickerbocker Hotel in Times Square.  Great views, but rather temperature dependent as it's out of doors.

Nat Sherman is a good spot. Davidoff store at Brookfield place is nice. Decent selection for a Davidoff store and the lounge is pretty much brand new.

As others have said, decent places to smoke seem to be getting harder and harder to come by in Manhattan.

While not a high end looking establishment, I've always liked Phillip Bloom's short documentaries, and my favorite of his is "The Cigar Connoisseur" so I'd try to find this place:

• Like 1

All great recommendations.  My fave cigar bar closed recently, (damn it) or I would suggest merchants east, but if in Queens, try Havana Dreams in Rego Park.   Rob had a herf there a couple times. 

Also, no dumb cutting fee at Club Mac at the bar.  Lisa had a herf there too.  (Back in the day).