Poker smoke

Going to play a game of poker with friends and relatives, what would be a good choice of a smoke for it? Want it to be a long smooth smoke, flavorful enough to enjoy but not too strong(Partagas?) - not to distract from taking everyone's money :D. Planning to take one or two reps from the following list:

1. HDM EE - MLO DIC 2011- personal remarks: smooth but not enough flavor IMHO, past it's prime?

2. Partagas Lusi - OBM SEP 15 - never had one but I do enjoy D4 with some years on it, will it knock me out, too young?

3. HU Mag 50 - MUL NOV 14 - I've had Connie 1, Coronas Major and HUHC so far from HU line, enjoy Connie 1 the most, is Mag 50 a good representative?

4. HU Connie A - UTE ABR 16 - again never had one, see notes on HU above, which one is stronger, Mag 50 or Connie A?

5. RA Superiores - MUR ABR 13 - love RASS after some aging, never had Superiores before.

You can't really go wrong with anything you have listed there.  But for what it's worth, the Partagas Lusitanias I had over Christmas (which was from 16) was absolutely fantastic and would be my first choice from your list, while the H. Upmann Connoisseur A would be a close second.

• Like 2

I'd agree that you can't go wrong with anything on the list. However, I generally reach for a mag 50 or lusitania for my weekly card game. 

Punch double corona is also a solid choice. I've tried the epicure especial before, but I found that it does not last for the same length of time, so if you elect a shorter size, perhaps also bring a minuto or pc for a follow up stick. 

• Like 2

I love EEs, but I've always thought they smoked a little faster than I'd expect from a cigar of its size. Don't have much experience with Lusis, but DCs are good, poker game sized cigars. I'd probably go with that.

No experience with the Connie A or Superiores, but I've only heard good things about them.

• Like 2

I am the sort of person that insists on everyone smoking a cigar while we play. Even if they don't smoke. It is usually something small and punchy to make it look easy enough for them. While I smoke something larger and aged. And sip champagne while they drink whisky. Then everyone struggles and I win.

It's not essentially cheating. But it works so well that I feel like it's cheating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not rock up with a minuto like a BCJ and a DC. Light the tiny cigar saying that this is while I win all your money, then pointing to the DC, that's for after. Watch as your poker adversaries tremble like wet Whippets on a cold, rainy day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Williamos said:

Why not rock up with a minuto like a BCJ and a DC. Light the tiny cigar saying that this is while I win all your money, then pointing to the DC, that's for after. Watch as your poker adversaries tremble like wet Whippets on a cold, rainy day.

Hahaha, even better, a purito! I still have some Montes laying around :D Or be completely evil and offer them fresh BBFs while smoking aged EE :devil2: