RyJ Cazadores

Love them personally a lot. Love them young but they do age well. 15/16 were awesome. I would buy them blind from those years. The alu foil makes it difficult to qc anyway. 

• Like 1

Always bought them blind. The foil makes it hard not to.  Love these cigars. Very rich and bold. So unlike any other RyJ.  I've got some some 2010/12 and 2014.  I haven't cracked open the 2014's as I prefer to age them.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Always bought them blind. The foil makes it hard not to. 

Yes. I don't think there's one vendor in the world who would agree to tear the foil of several boxes to select your favorite wrapper…

btw, it was a problem in the early 2000's, when Cazadores sometimes had incredibly veiny, thick wrappers…

• Like 3

Guest gorob23

Bought a couple actually by mistake a few years back. Great cigar, strong, good flavor..might be 07's not sure. I just smoke em ;)

Rob

I love them too.  They're on the rustic side but to me that's part of the charm.  Not the most complex cigar on earth but they don't necessarily need to be. As said above, very rich and bold--with commensurate levels of nicotine as you smoke into the back half.  I've joked that "cazadores" in English means "blunt force trauma".  I jest, but recommend you approach with a bit of caution until you get used to them. Love the format.

2 hours ago, bundwallah said:

Always bought them blind. The foil makes it hard not to.  Love these cigars. Very rich and bold. So unlike any other RyJ.  I've got some some 2010/12 and 2014.  I haven't cracked open the 2014's as I prefer to age them.

Piggybacking on this thread... how do you age these buddy?  Do you leave in the foil and wrap like you usually do or remove from the foil first?

2 hours ago, UnofficialGhost said:

Piggybacking on this thread... how do you age these buddy?  Do you leave in the foil and wrap like you usually do or remove from the foil first?

I leave them in the foil.  Even the opened boxes. I keep them wrapped. Not as effective as when they're first sealed but I'm ok with that. 

One of my favorite habanos for many reason, but the two most important are:

1) The size.  I love the format.  Long and bordering on skinny.  

2) It's flavor profile in unique and very enjoyable.  Smoke after dinner with a coffee or a stiff drink and you'll be rewarded.  

Frank is so right when he says they're a meaty smoke.  They are the fatty grilled rare ribeye of the cigar world.  

I've enjoyed all vintages.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnofficialGhost said:

My approach to this is:

long term aging - leave it in the foil as they come in

short term - out of the foil they go