BHK Revisado

Came across an online vendor today selling BHK 52 and 54 in plastic tube and labelled Revisado.  They were out of stock, but I wouldn't be buying those either way. 

I've checked CCW, but really cannot find any info on these... 

Anyone have info? 

34 minutes ago, boopdeep said:

Came across an online vendor today selling BHK 52 and 54 in plastic tube and labelled Revisado.  They were out of stock, but I wouldn't be buying those either way. 

I've checked CCW, but really cannot find any info on these... 

Anyone have info? 

Run

• Like 4

I saw this as well...was kind of a head scratcher.  It is a reputable vendor.  Seems the box said Revisado on it but the singles were being shipped in a fancy plastic tube for extra protection?  Pics are available if you search Behike Revisado Plastic Tube.  Certainly strange.  

• Like 1

Seems to just be a standard BHK 54, albeit the chance it has a few years on it, but in a branded black plastic travel tube stating the following: "The cigar is shipped in a plastic tube for protection"

Nothing to worry about in my opinion.  I think they put "Revisado" meaning it literally in that it has been revisited/reviewed, as the definition of the word essentially is, since the single cigar from the box you can buy has been opened.  

My first instinct was definitely to run, but it does appear to be a reputable vendor. Though, I've never ordered from there and can share no opinion one way or the other. 

In the photos, the box does appear to have an additional seal that reads REVISADO.  The tube could just be something the vendor adds to singles for safe shipping? 

Strange. 

I found it as well. 

Interesting. I'm fine with everything but the "revisado" which appears to be a dark sticker/label with the word "revisado" on it next to the Cuban warranty sticker. This is something I've never seen before and not how the "revisado" has historically been used by HSA. If the box were indeed a "revisado" box of cigars the word should appear stamped on the gray cardboard box the varnished Behike box comes in along with two separate box codes. 

My only thought is that this is a sticker made and placed by the vendor, which is odd and something I wouldn't advise any vendor to do generally. Has anyone seen this sticker on any other box of Behikes? I'd like to get the vendor's statement on it.

Regardless, it shows the product as out of stock, so this is pretty much moot.

unless HSA has just released revisado BHKs (doubtful), this is blatant vendor misrepresentation.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smallclub said:

Exactly. The vendor manufactured the tubes and misuses the word "revisado".

Definitely bad form on the seller's part. I thought he might be doing it in order to be able to sell BHK singles, as in some countries (including Portugal) you can only sell singles if they come in some sort of tube, but they sell everything else as singles, so makes no sense.

• Like 1

Very surprising from a reputable source, not sure if this is just an attempt at trying to promote BHK singles with a fancy plastic case, In hopes of drawing in the crowd that is intimidated by current box prices. Would love to know what the word "revisado" is inferring here. I agree with everyone else on this one really bad form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I found it as well. 

Interesting. I'm fine with everything but the "revisado" which appears to be a dark sticker/label with the word "revisado" on it next to the Cuban warranty sticker. This is something I've never seen before and not how the "revisado" has historically been used by HSA. If the box were indeed a "revisado" box of cigars the word should appear stamped on the gray cardboard box the varnished Behike box comes in along with two separate box codes. 

My only thought is that this is a sticker made and placed by the vendor, which is odd and something I wouldn't advise any vendor to do generally. Has anyone seen this sticker on any other box of Behikes? I'd like to get the vendor's statement on it.

Regardless, it shows the product as out of stock, so this is pretty much moot.

There is a big vendor that's extremely well known in the Benelux  and legitimate that has put a revisado sticker on the outer cardboard behike 52 box. However it was placed on there by the distributor only to mean they reviewed before shipping and explained that on their product description. Not sure if I'm allowed to post which vendor and distributor in an open page. 

34 minutes ago, Mattb82 said:

There is a big vendor that's extremely well known in the Benelux  and legitimate that has put a revisado sticker on the outer cardboard behike 52 box. However it was placed on there by the distributor only to mean they reviewed before shipping and explained that on their product description. Not sure if I'm allowed to post which vendor and distributor in an open page. 

A vendor/retailer adding a sticker or label with the particular word "revisado" to the outside of the varnished Behike box is highly inadvisable. On the outer cardboard packaging, less so, especially if they openly and obviously disclose the meaning of that sticker (which the vendor you're referring to does, according to your account) but this particular term has specific meaning in the cigar lexicon and only fosters confusion and I don't see any explanation of the sticker on the "Behike Tubos" page in question. 

These cigars are already highly counterfeited, not to mention the vendor listing them as "Behike Tubos" instead of Behike singles that just happen to be shipped in custom vendor tubes as a marketing gimmick. Fine, but there needs to be substantially more clarification on the vendor's part and going forward I'd recommend choosing a different term to use for a sticker indicating a vendor's inspection. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NSXCIGAR said:

A vendor/retailer adding a sticker or label with the particular word "revisado" to the outside of the varnished Behike box is highly inadvisable. On the outer cardboard packaging, less so, especially if they openly and obviously disclose the meaning of that sticker (which the vendor you're referring to does, according to your account) but this particular term has specific meaning in the cigar lexicon and only fosters confusion and I don't see any explanation of the sticker on the "Behike Tubos" page in question. 

These cigars are already highly counterfeited, not to mention the vendor listing them as "Behike Tubos" instead of Behike singles that just happen to be shipped in custom vendor tubes as a marketing gimmick. Fine, but there needs to be substantially more clarification on the vendor's part and going forward I'd recommend choosing a different term to use for a sticker indicating a vendor's inspection. 

I'm with you, I've never seen a behike tubo. I'm just saying I've seen revisado on a legitimate box and it was applied on the cardboard