What I don't 'like.'

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Seems to me, more and more that along with others I hit my like limit too often. Is there a reason that we cannot open the bandwidth on the 'like button.' a bit? Thanks for considering! -Piggy

Mr. Piggy, The problem is your heart is too BIG!   Your willingness to share your experience and knowledge and support of the FOH brothers and sisters is an inspiration. Thank you for your p

LOL. I use mine up every day! I've actually had to go back to un-like something to like something else I liked more! 

there is another first world problem. can't give enough 'likes'.

i can honestly say that, to my knowledge, i have never given a single 'like' to anything in my life (but occasionally see emails where i have allegedly liked something - lies, i say). i see absolutely no point.

i did get roundly abused by a stranger once who had apparently "liked" something i had done. i have no idea if you could even do that. so he contacted me to tell me that i now had to 'like' something of his. and then told me what i could 'like'. could anything ever be more insincere than that? even if i had wanted to, i had not the slightest idea of how to do it.

from the tone of his final correspondence, he no longer liked me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

i can honestly say that, to my knowledge, i have never given a single 'like' to anything in my life (but occasionally see emails where i have allegedly liked something - lies, i say). i see absolutely no point.

i did get roundly abused by a stranger once who had apparently "liked" something i had done. i have no idea if you could even do that. so he contacted me to tell me that i now had to 'like' something of his. and then told me what i could 'like'. could anything ever be more insincere than that? even if i had wanted to, i had not the slightest idea of how to do it.

As I recall, I did not 'like' the like function when first installed on the forum. I have now forgotten the reason! I think ultimately, I conjured that it would be a means that people would actually post less, as no real interaction was required, just a push of a button, which does not 'inspire' forum talk.

I am happy to admit that I was wrong and like the function.

Try it Ken... you might like it. It is liberating. Lord knows, if we had a dislike button, you would have used it up by now!!!

-Ray

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Try it Ken... you might like it. It is liberating. Lord knows, if we had a dislike button, you would have used it up by now!!!

-Ray

and ray, if i had, i could start right here! sometimes, first opinions are the right ones.

civilisation claws once more at the slippery precipice and yet again slides further into the mire.

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

You like Bruce enough said:D:2thumbs: 

in posting this, i swear i am not trying to start any fights, but this is actually a thing? grown men and women are discussing whether they should be allowed to press a button saying they like something more often than they are permitted to do so currently?

i'm sure there are people to whom this seems all perfectly sane. i am not one of them. it is truly and completely beyond my comprehension.

this must be a stupid question, otherwise people far smarter than i would have asked it, but why is there a limit? do humans have a limited amount of "like"? i may well think it monumentally absurd to "like" something, as though we are all five-year-olds in the playground (and what i think of those who bother is best left unsaid), but i would "like" to think i would defend the right of people to do so (even if it is really really dumb).

why is there a limit? i am in favour of people being allowed to "like" as often as they want. should we have separate toilets for them? (okay, that might have been a smidge provocative but i'm surely allowed a tiny dig?).

2 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

You could have told him that you liked the way that at his age he still behaved like a spoiled little boy.

Did you like that ha ha did ya. Come on please like my reply.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, refresh said:

The problem seems to be that the quality of content is way too high. We have two choices -

1. Write more crap posts

2. Lift the Like limit

I can only control the latter, I'll leave the former in less capable hands. I'll bump the limit to 30, 40 or 50 if that'll tickle more pickles. Let me know your preference.

Jason I never had you pegged as a pickle tickler.:blink:

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Like 1

There should be a prize for the most liked person on the forum monthly/weekly whatever 

insert like here .........:D

Just now, OZCUBAN said:

There should be a prize for the most liked person on the forum monthly/weekly whatever 

insert like here .........:D

Yes and then the winner could be banned for a whole month because they would probably become bloody annoying.

18 minutes ago, refresh said:

think we can also implement Dislikes, but that ends up with hurt feelings and childish tantrums.

Mainly from Ken :lol:

Maybe we should leave well enough alone lesson here be selective with your likes and or dislikes