Rafael gonzales boxcode

As within any box code there will be great boxes, good boxes and crap boxes. Maybe El Pres can help as he sees thousands of boxes and codes! Best of luck.

In the last two years, I reckon that Rafael Gonzalez Perlas have been put up on 24:24 sales perhaps twice or three times (at best guess). I know definitely one was recently, perhaps a month or two ago. El Pres mentioned how this cigar 'flew under the radar' 12 months ago...

http://www.friendsofhabanos.com/forum/topic/125775-one-that-flies-under-the-radar-rafael-gonzalez-petit-corona/?page=1

20 hours ago, Jauwels said:

ERG JUL14 ,AUM ABR 15, EAG FEB 15, EAG MAR 15,OPG, AGO 15, ETU OCT 15,LAU ENE 16

If the above codes were provided by a trusted source and it is your intention to purchase a box from that source, just ask the seller to select a quality box that's currently smoking well.  Blindly selecting a box based on a particular code is a crap shoot IMO.    

• Like 2

I'm about to finish my 4th box of Perlas since their release, and I've never had a harsh one. They're much stronger than the RG pc, but very "rounded", even at a very young age.

I had a very different experience with my OR boxes from Spain. Worst RG I have ever smoked - consistently. I should send you one.
  • Like 2

On 07/01/2017 at 6:03 PM, shlomo said:

Perlas suck. Get half coronas instead. ;)

Have to ask, Shlomo - are you referring to the two formats in general or were you meaning to write Petit Coronas?

If the latter case, I concur, the PC is the better (while a different) cigar. But what I grab always depends on the occasion, time and mood. On the other hand, I'd always favour a Perlas format over a Half Coronas (and different to many here on the forum, I still have to be pleased by a HUHC). I see the RG Perlas pretty much as a serious small cigar, and prefer it over the Panetelas Extra. In fact, in terms of new vitolas, I consider the Perlas as being one of those rare occasions where HSA actually managed to add something of decent value to a brand.

As to the OP, like others have already said, you can't really go purely based on box codes here. With regard to the Perlas I can't comment as I haven't bough that many of them, but for the PC, I have been very pleased with recent production, irrespective of box codes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fugu said:

In fact, in terms of new vitolas, I consider the Perlas as being one of those rare occasions where HSA actually managed to add something of decent value to a brand.

I agree 100% .  They could have made a similar hit with the PL Secretos IMHO (as a regular instead of Regional).

38 minutes ago, Smallclub said:

I agree 100% .  They could have made a similar hit with the PL Secretos IMHO (as a regular instead of Regional).

Indeed, or the new QdO regional one - instead of the two chubbies that are going to come... :(

On 08/01/2017 at 0:56 PM, Fugu said:

Have to ask, Shlomo - are you referring to the two formats in general or were you meaning to write Petit Coronas?

If the latter case, I concur, the PC is the better (while a different) cigar. But what I grab always depends on the occasion, time and mood. On the other hand, I'd always favour a Perlas format over a Half Coronas (and different to many here on the forum, I still have to be pleased by a HUHC). I see the RG Perlas pretty much as a serious small cigar, and prefer it over the Panetelas Extra. In fact, in terms of new vitolas, I consider the Perlas as being one of those rare occasions where HSA actually managed to add something of decent value to a brand.

As to the OP, like others have already said, you can't really go purely based on box codes here. With regard to the Perlas I can't comment as I haven't bough that many of them, but for the PC, I have been very pleased with recent production, irrespective of box codes.

RG Perlas and me are not friends. I have smoked many, have not had one that was great, only a small group that were good and most were rough, unbalanced and unenjoyable.

RG PCs are wonderful and I am happy to have a nice amount of RG CE put away. Great cigar, great format.

RG Perlas? Blah, pass.

• Like 1

So interesting to see the variance of opinion on the RG Perlas. I have several boxes of the Perlas and RGPC

I don't care for the box codes but I stocked up on these cigars because of their consistency. Once acclimatised to my tastes, they rarely fail me. 

• Like 1