Evening...

Heading to Toronto tomorrow for 3 days. I've been a fair amount but usually never have time to kill. Other than La Casa Del Habano and Thomas Hinds I don't really "shop around" or know too many shops.  A quick internet search shows many more but in some of the reviews I see things like "great hookah selection" along with pictures of "water pipes" which makes me usually steer clear of some. Maybe unfounded?

Looks like Metro Cigar might be a good place to visit...any others that I should see for selection and/or price? Also best cigar friendly upscale bar/restaurant?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Cigar prices in Canada are insanely high.  If it's cigar you want head south to this island name Cuba.  I heard there might be some cigars there and the weather is much better this time of year. Plus unlike nanny state Canada you can smoke almost everywhere in Cuba.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Baldy said:

Cigar prices in Canada are insanely high.  If it's cigar you want head south to this island name Cuba.  I heard there might be some cigars there and the weather is much better this time of year. Plus unlike nanny state Canada you can smoke almost everywhere in Cuba.

OH I KNOW! LOL!

I am not going for cigars but there for work. I just want to visit and see whats out there. I realize a $220 box of cigars is almost double or more in Canada but you never know what urge will over come sense and dollars! 

8 minutes ago, Baldy said:

Where the hell you find a deal like that.  Average cost of a Robusto is $30 Cdn so do the math (hint 25x30=$750).   On average prices are triple or higher than Cuba.  95% of that is to the nanny.

Ah right...I was quoting what a Royal Corona costs (For example) from our host etc compared to what I recall in Canada. I'm in the US so my price comparison shopping does not include pricing from IN CUBA...sadly.

Unfortunately no.  Our nanny have determined it is not good for us.  There's only a handful of legal lounges that I'm aware of country wide none are in TO AFAIK.  That's one thing the Americans have over us, some sensibility with regard to cigar lounges.

Ok...to rephrase the question...which Tobacconists are best for Cuban Cigars that are over priced and that I won't be able to smoke anywhere nice while I'm there? ?

The La Casa Del Habanos in Montreal had a nice smoking lounge...does the one in Toronto?

• Like 1

Need to have an UN-Like Button for posts like this 

I answered your question, didn't I? There are none, zero, zilch, keine, nada. It's illegal.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, chris1685 said:

Village Cigar Co in Burlington has an outdoor smoking area. I haven't been yet but it looks pretty nice from the photos.

and you can make an appointment to have a shave with a straight blade.A very nice shop indeed,as a matter of fact this are 2 shops,One the cigarshop and the other the barbershop.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, chris1685 said:

Village Cigar Co in Burlington has an outdoor smoking area. I haven't been yet but it looks pretty nice from the photos.

and you can make an appointment to have a shave with a straight blade.A very nice shop indeed,as a matter of fact this are 2 shops,One the cigarshop and the other the barbershop.

Also for colder days they have heaters outside

• Like 2

6 hours ago, shlomo said:

Bring your own cigars up. Make sure they are PCs or smaller cuz its cold outside. Spend your huge cash savings on a really great meal.

This is sage advise but work is paying for what will be great meals which makes me willing to over pay to indulge but without a place to smoke...it seems it might not be as fun as I was imagining and like my recent Montreal visit. : ^ (

Yes you answered thank you! The "unlike button" was for the answer (that there are none,zero,zilch,...)

Sorry - I thought you were shooting the messenger - you'll still have a good time in Toronto. Food is fantastic!

On 28/11/2016 at 7:50 PM, saintmickey said:

Evening...

Heading to Toronto tomorrow for 3 days. I've been a fair amount but usually never have time to kill. Other than La Casa Del Habano and Thomas Hinds I don't really "shop around" or know too many shops.  A quick internet search shows many more but in some of the reviews I see things like "great hookah selection" along with pictures of "water pipes" which makes me usually steer clear of some. Maybe unfounded?

Looks like Metro Cigar might be a good place to visit...any others that I should see for selection and/or price? Also best cigar friendly upscale bar/restaurant?

Thanks in advance to all who reply!

Metro is a little disappointing to be honest - check out the places i posted about above

Cheers!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeafLegionWW said:

Metro is a little disappointing to be honest - check out the places i posted about above

Cheers!

11 minutes ago, Dude said:

What about the duty free at the airport on your way out?

Will do LeafL...!

Don't think they have Cuban at duty free at YYZ...can someone confirm?

But at that point useless anyway...definitely can't light up at airport  

First rule of Fight Club folks.

If you know of something along the lines of what is being asked, please do no share it publicly.  This information needs to be private, not public.  Use the PM function to disclose the information directly.  As a rule of thumb, anyone asking with a very new account and low post count, might not be someone you'd want to disclose to.