What do you do with the bands during/after your cigar?

What happens to your cigar bands?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep them and make things for the walls with them. This was the last one I did.

I hoard them

Look at the wonderful work Alexander Gashunin does with his Cigar Bands.....

I save them and use em for NC's and other non CC's for people (friends/relatives) that asked me for a Cuban

but do not treat or appreciate the CC's with the respect they deserve. Tapping them on the side of the ash tray,

licking them before they light up, only smoking half a stick then asking me for another. I know I should

not do that (switch bands) and yes I need better friends and relatives. Both groups can be "**** birds".

Funny thing is this. One friend ask me for a couple of CC's for his eight hour drive back to

his home state so I bought some Macanudos "Courts + Portifinos" from my

local BM cigar store and gave them to him to smoke. I'll be damned a week or two later

when we talked he said they were great and they were some of the best

CC's that he has ever received from me. Never mind that I've given him Party Shorts,

Short Church's, Monty. #5's etc, etc,..... which is a waste in hindsight.

So now he wants the NC's w/CC bands. Now I'm in a pickle

because I have to go to the BM and buy a some more. Lucky they are only $4.00 dollars

a pop but the good thing is I don't have to share my CC's with him or hurt his feelings

telling him he is not fit to smoke CC's. I also have a cousin who is worse.

Story for another time.

So you're basically admitting to passing off non-Cuban cigars as Habanos? Where I come from that's called counterfeiting. Wow. With friends like that, who needs enemies... SMH

take it off and wear it on my finger

^This. Then i shove them in a ziplock bag. My missus hates it.

I'd love the one vote for "what band? I smoke the whole damn thing" to own up if genuine. I'd like to say; "Good on you. Don't live by convention or common sense. Bravo." ?

I never even considered saving the bands, as I usually throw them away when the burn approaches.

Might have to start collecting.

I've accidently snagged wrapper leaves while trying to slide the band off, won't do that again. I have a little Victorinox Swiss Army Knife 'cigar knife' that has the most wonderful little pair of scissors included. They are sharp as a razor and thin enough to slip under the band for a careful snip. Makes band removal very easy, never harms the wrapper leaf.

At that point, they go in the ash tray.

I never even considered saving the bands, as I usually throw them away when the burn approaches.

Might have to start collecting.

^^ Now. I only collect cigars and booze now.

I used to save bands but I got so many I stopped. I find I wait until the band warms up before I try to remove it. If I can't I use the thin sharp blade on this nifty cigar accessory. I can get the tip under the band and cut with out damaging the wrapper. Very handy.post-1876-0-42066500-1462388552_thumb.jp