Indiana Jones V Confirmed for 2019

MIKA27

Harrison Ford And Steven Spielberg Return For Indiana Jones 5 In Winter 2019

mvkhikvpmpftbljekxyt.jpg

Indy is coming back. Disney just announced that Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford will return to one of their most famous franchises as Indiana Jones 5 opens on 19 July 2019.
Spielberg will direct, Ford will star, Frank Marshall and Kathleen Kennedy will produce. The official press release from Disney has no mention of co-creator George Lucas, who sold Disney rights to the character in 2012 along with Star Wars.
“Indiana Jones is one of the greatest heroes in cinematic history, and we can’t wait to bring him back to the screen in 2019,” said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios, in a news release. “It’s rare to have such a perfect combination of director, producers, actor and role, and we couldn’t be more excited to embark on this adventure with Harrison and Steven.”
For the past several years, Spielberg and Ford have reiterated they wanted to come back to the series. There had also been lots of talk about a possible recasting. Whether or not this fifth film will set the table for that, we don’t know, but the Indy of old will be back at least one more time.

Raiders of the Lost Ark and Last Crusade (1 & 3), were absolute classics for me, the others a bit average.

A fifth one might go above and beyond the character's use by date I feel..

And certainly the actor's, hard to picture Indiana Jones being a bad ass with an actor pushing 80.

After the mess of the last film I wish they would just leave these things alone. Nostalgia makes me want another film, but common sense says otherwise. When there was talk of a recasting/reboot I was actually more hopeful. Sadly Harrison Ford is just a bit too old these days to be running around as Indy.

After the Space Aliens ending left me like I got tricked into looking at a bestiality snuff film. I don't know if I can watch another one. Ford's getting up there in years and I would have a hard time watching Indy with a walker and colostomy bag.

The next Indiana Jones will have Harrison Ford at 79 years of age.

They could easily do this one and have it a lot like Indy 3 with Connery playing the elderly role.

I've liked them all, even the last was good, it was out there but being a Spielberg movie, who couldn't see that one coming?

Look back at all of them, they have all had some form of Supernatural aura about them.

Wonder if they ever have Jonathan Ke Quan reprise his role as Short Round? He too will be older but it would be good in a way.

ancient-aliens-meme-06.jpg

Raiders of the Lost Ark was really a ground breaking movie. I clearly remember seeing it in the theater and having my mind blown.

It's the last movie that I recall an entire theatre full of people shrieking with fear at some parts, roaring with laughter at others, and cheering with delight at others. And it wasn't just us kids, it was the adults as well.

I don't think I've been entertained that completely at a movie since then.

Damn it's been a long time.

It was but sometimes it doesn't feel all that long ago. :)

• Like 1