• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s my guy Boomer. He always wants to smell my cigar just to confirm that it isn’t food! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The left and right one were shelter rescues.  The middle was adopted from a litter of pups found in the woods.  Best friends ever!

My buddy Sarge. Just had to put him down a couple of weeks ago. I miss him. Best friend I ever had!

On 10/13/2018 at 8:24 PM, 83Nation said:

Here’s my guy Boomer. He always wants to smell my cigar just to confirm that it isn’t food!

1f6be9ae7fe1046644a07ef6d83d2f3c.jpg5b213aafe3f98dc607c72f9d7ba43ff1.jpgdf2f0d73b7248a6fa57ea47ce9a764e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, he is too cute.  In the house full time?  How much does he weigh?  What's it like owning a pig vs. a dog?

• Like 1

Wow, he is too cute.  In the house full time?  How much does he weigh?  What's it like owning a pig vs. a dog?
When I was really little my aunt gave us a potbelly pig. I dont remember much, but my mom said it was a nightmare. He would steal any food or snacks we had by tackling us to the ground. My parents gave him away to a farm that kept him as an outdoor pet, and had no intention of ever eating him etc...

Some years went by and we found out he had grown to over 500 pounds and had 4 inch tusks.

I have heard that they make great pets, and many are smarter than your average dog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JY0 said:

Pigs are also cleaner and smarter than most dogs. 

** Cleaner ??? :blink:

On 10/13/2018 at 2:28 AM, mani75 said:

I have my own humidor guard ? His name is (King) Ymer. In the nordic mythology Ymer was a giant.

He likes cigars, during the summer I put a cigar on the table outside while I was getting a drink. When I came back out the cigar was gone...I saw that Ymer was up to something in the bushes, the cigar was full of bite marks. He was rather strange for a while after that (nicotine?) ?

However, he is a real champ and a true companion, very active and always up to something :ok:

Humidor guard.png

Lovely cat! Is he a Bengal?

Yep, indoors full time, 100lbs. He matches my laziness (In cold weather he’ll sleep/lay around for 20 hours a day) which is great during football season for me!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, xandor88 said:

Here I present my 4 friends!

433071132_2015-12-0511_59.40(2).thumb.jpg.1da56bbd6049be311ded96dc78bce5cc.jpg

Sunbathing

OMG!!!! I just want to lay down, and cuddle with them!

• Like 1

When I was really little my aunt gave us a potbelly pig. I dont remember much, but my mom said it was a nightmare. He would steal any food or snacks we had by tackling us to the ground. My parents gave him away to a farm that kept him as an outdoor pet, and had no intention of ever eating him etc...

Some years went by and we found out he had grown to over 500 pounds and had 4 inch tusks.

I have heard that they make great pets, and many are smarter than your average dog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Boomer will manipulate you to get more food, but overall he’s really good. He’s technically a Mini Pig (despite being 100lbs!) but is completely house trained. We also trained him as a piglet to sit when he wants food from you and we only give him fruits and vegetables, so he doesn’t really get aggressive.

As good of a pet as he is, he is no where near as ‘convenient’ as a dog. Pigs need a lot of affection and attention, they get territorial (so he doesn’t always enjoy house guests!), and making arrangements for him when we go on vacation is difficult.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 83Nation said:

...and making arrangements for him when we go on vacation is difficult.

Who watches him?  Do they stay at your house or do you bring him somewhere?

Who watches him?  Do they stay at your house or do you bring him somewhere?

We bring him back to the breeders farm, but it’s a 90minute drive, plus a minimum 60 mins to see the new animals and chat. So it takes a good chunk of time before and after a trip.

6 hours ago, 83Nation said:

We bring him back to the breeders farm, but it’s a 90minute drive, plus a minimum 60 mins to see the new animals and chat. So it takes a good chunk of time before and after a trip.

Does he like going?  How is when you pick him up?