Ghostbusters

Fosgate

This I will watch out of nostalgia but in saying this, I am mortified by the casting.

Right off the bat: I am not anti women in movies, but why cast women in the role(s) for Ghostbusters when they could have easily continued the story with the men (Obviously not all members)?

Not only this, but the female cast are almost identical mock ups of the original cast, they look so similar.

The effects etc look great, I am sure it will be a good movie and yes, I shall watch it. With a very heavy heart.

I love the original Ghostbusters; but when I watched the trailer I couldn't believe it. I'll end up watching it but no way in the theater but only when if finally hits Redbox. I refuse to pay more than $1.27 to watch it.

• Like 1

First of all, I can't believe its been 30-years since the original!!! This is another money grab by Hollyweird and the casting, ouch! But I can hear the producers sitting in a meeting saying "what if we mesh Bridesmaids and Ghostbusters that would be a hit." The movie is almost as sacrilegious as casting Will Smith as James West in the Wild Wild West movie, almost.

This I will watch out of nostalgia but in saying this, I am mortified by the casting.

Right off the bat: I am not anti women in movies, but why cast women in the role(s) for Ghostbusters when they could have easily continued the story with the men (Obviously not all members)?

Not only this, but the female cast are almost identical mock ups of the original cast, they look so similar.

The effects etc look great, I am sure it will be a good movie and yes, I shall watch it. With a very heavy heart. AGREED!

Showed this to the wife last night, she said "I have to admit, I am not excited about seeing this." I said "Is it because of the ghosts?" She's not a fan of ghosts, demons or paranormal films. She said "No, it looks stupid." I had to agree with her, this looks weak as hell.

Showed this to the wife last night, she said "I have to admit, I am not excited about seeing this." I said "Is it because of the ghosts?" She's not a fan of ghosts, demons or paranormal films. She said "No, it looks stupid." I had to agree with her, this looks weak as hell.

Aside from the name, it looks to have nothing to offer.

Dusting off a classic and burning it at the stake imo

Looks so bad, I wouldn't even want to watch it on an airplane (which is where I do most of my bad movie watching) :)

Oh dear....just no. I haven't got an issue with the all female casting and I am glad its a continuation rather than a basic reboot. However it looks absolutely awful and loses what made Ghostbusters good. Although Ghostbusters was funny it was also fairly serious and had some scary elements along with real characters. This is just another bland, generic Melissa McCarthy/Paul Feig 'comedy' that isn't funny.

I loved the original Ghostbusters as a child and although I didn't hold out much hope for this, I am now expecting less than I was before.

The Latest Ghostbusters Trailer Is A Definite Improvement

The first full trailer released for the Ghostbusters reboot was, well, okay. It certainly wasn’t perfect, and it certainly didn’t meet the expectations that have been put on the film — there’s a big legacy to live up to, after all. Getting the right balance of action and humour had fun proven a little elusive. This fan-cut version was so much better, and pretty much nailed the original feel of the franchise.
It seems the team behind Ghostbusters have taken notice with the latest trailer. Take a look, and tell us what you think.

Looks so bad, I wouldn't even want to watch it on an airplane (which is where I do most of my bad movie watching) smile.png

Yep. Same here. I can catch 3 movies each way to and back from Munich. Sometimes you hit a good one (The Martian) and sometimes you just want to empty out your skull with a rusty spoon to excise the memory (Jupiter Rising).

Wilkey

• Like 1

Looks too much like a 'girl power' movie to mecowpoop.gif I think I'll pass on this one. And really what a shame. I would have preferred to see a continuation of the first two not a remake of the original.

• Like 1

Yep. Same here. I can catch 3 movies each way to and back from Munich. Sometimes you hit a good one (The Martian) and sometimes you just want to empty out your skull with a rusty spoon to excise the memory (Jupiter Rising).

Wilkey

Flying to Hong Kong next week. Will take note on The Martian. Every once in awhile I catch a flight with a new movie loaded that I've wanted to see, too bad it's only once in awhile...