Back from Havana, Stock Report

Hey all,

Just got back from Havana with my lady for a week. We had an amazing time there, It was my second time going and my girl's first time.

Basically, All the stores I visited had all regular production cigars from mostly 2015, few boxes here and there from 2014. didn't see anything older than that.

Habana Libre was the best stocked store by far, had about 10 boxes of Club Allones when I was there. Melia Habana, Melia Cohiba and Conde de la villanueva was worth the trip for the custom rolls, but all had just regular stock on the shelves. No LE's to speak of.

Did not have time to go to Partagas or Club Habana unfortunately.

The Varadero airport little cigar shop had two boxes of RG CE, the only note worthy cigar in there

There is a full write up on my new blog, the link is in my signature.

Hope you guys enjoy the write up, I deceided to give this blogging thing a try!

• Like 3

Good report and nice blog. Was there a roller on duty at the Libre? If so, who was it?

I recall there being a roller yes, It was a man, but I dont know who it was. Didnt really pay much attention to it. I looked at the sticks but they seems to be overpriced comparted to what Reynaldo and Juanita charge.

Oh and for those wondering about the Nacional Ashtrays...not for another year according to the guy i talked to at the Nacional.

Hey all,

Just got back from Havana with my lady for a week. We had an amazing time there, It was my second time going and my girl's first time.

Basically, All the stores I visited had all regular production cigars from mostly 2015, few boxes here and there from 2014. didn't see anything older than that.

Habana Libre was the best stocked store by far, had about 10 boxes of Club Allones when I was there. Melia Habana, Melia Cohiba and Conde de la villanueva was worth the trip for the custom rolls, but all had just regular stock on the shelves. No LE's to speak of.

Did not have time to go to Partagas or Club Habana unfortunately.

The Varadero airport little cigar shop had two boxes of RG CE, the only note worthy cigar in there

There is a full write up on my new blog, the link is in my signature.

Hope you guys enjoy the write up, I deceided to give this blogging thing a try!

when i was at the club a few months ago, they had stuff older than 14, but it was very mixed. picked up a stunning box of 13 lusi's but there were other boxes, younger and older, you would not use in the garden.

I recall there being a roller yes, It was a man, but I dont know who it was. Didnt really pay much attention to it. I looked at the sticks but they seems to be overpriced comparted to what Reynaldo and Juanita charge.

The roller at the libre was really on an island out front of the shop......nowhere near the entrance to the shop. No fanfare at all either the multiple times I was there. An older gentlemen who looked like he would have rathered to be somewhere else.

Jd

Jeez, while I have never been to Cuba the reports from folks posting here sound as if the supplies are slim pickings in the LCdH's and you need to travel all over multiple shops to try and find anything worthwhile. Does Habanos essentially send the majority of cigars made out for export to all corners of the world? You would at least think there would be more to choose from than said here. I guess if I ever have the opportunity to travel there it will be more for the experience and less for buying boxes of cigars.

Jeez, while I have never been to Cuba the reports from folks posting here sound as if the supplies are slim pickings in the LCdH's and you need to travel all over multiple shops to try and find anything worthwhile. Does Habanos essentially send the majority of cigars made out for export to all corners of the world? You would at least think there would be more to choose from than said here. I guess if I ever have the opportunity to travel there it will be more for the experience and less for buying boxes of cigars.

Well actually I travel the different shops to go cigar hunting and pick up customs as well. If you are just shopping for regular production cigars, you can walk into any lcdh and pick up essentially any cigar you want, other than say QdO or LGC, those were no where to be found.

As for LE's yes they were scarce on the island by far. Only two shops had RA Club Allones on the shelves. If they keep the majority for export, I am not places to answer that.

Also, as I have mentioned before, Rob essentially sells cigars on FoH at basically the same price Habanos sells cigars on the island. Sometimes even cheaper than cuba prices if he running a sale. Thats one thing that i did notice. So for the americans on FoH, Visit Havana for the city, its restaurants, its museums, the culture, the art. For cigar shopping your almost better off here!

• Like 2

Also, as I have mentioned before, Rob essentially sells cigars on FoH at basically the same price Habanos sells cigars on the island. Sometimes even cheaper than cuba prices if he running a sale. Thats one thing that i did notice. So for the americans on FoH, Visit Havana for the city, its restaurants, its museums, the culture, the art. For cigar shopping your almost better off here!

This is good advice, but also go for the experience of smoking a Cuban cigar in Havana, preferably on the back porch of the Nacional with a Cuba Libra in the other hand.

• Like 1

This is good advice, but also go for the experience of smoking a Cuban cigar in Havana, preferably on the back porch of the Nacional with a Cuba Libra in the other hand.

I agree, there is nothing quite like smoking cigars in Havana. I can easily smoke 3-5 cigars a day there while in montreal, i can barely manage two cigars in a row if im out with friends and whatnot. Nacional make the best mojitos IMO.

• Like 2

You mention Cuba Libre drinks which is basically a rum and Coke. I hear there is no Coca Cola in Cuba. What do they use?

A Cuban equivalent of Coke?

You mention Cuba Libre drinks which is basically a rum and Coke. I hear there is no Coca Cola in Cuba. What do they use?

A Cuban equivalent of Coke?

No there is Coca-Cola in cuba, they get it from mexico. its actually better than the coca cola we have in north america. the mexican version is made with cane sugar. they also have their own version which is TuKola, which I enjoy personally when i order a cuba libre

No there is Coca-Cola in cuba, they get it from mexico. its actually better than the coca cola we have in north america. the mexican version is made with cane sugar. they also have their own version which is TuKola, which I enjoy personally when i order a cuba libre

I could see it just once in Melia Cohiba.

Maybe big hotels and resorts work with it.

Street stores and markets don´t have it.

I could see it just once in Melia Cohiba.

Maybe big hotels and resorts work with it.

Street stores and markets don´t have it.

Yes it is availeble at most hotels and resorts.

Street markets no I have not seen it either. but hey for some reason I prefer tukola

I agree, there is nothing quite like smoking cigars in Havana. I can easily smoke 3-5 cigars a day there while in montreal, i can barely manage two cigars in a row if im out with friends and whatnot. Nacional make the best mojitos IMO.

i would have agreed re the nacional until i tried them at el cocinero on the last visit. crackers!

My pleasure guys.

@Ken : I did not have the chance to go to El Concinero, i will check it out my next trip. I had a couple of Mojitos at Fabrica de Arte and my god the thing is 3/4 rum with a splash of sparkling water

• Like 1