Jonah Lomu

just heard this from a kiwi mate. i was going to post if no one had - don't worry about this being an aussie forum. he deserves universal respect. both as a player and a person.

for all the great things he did on the field, what sticks with me most is that he was the only kiwi who stayed on the field at the end of the 1999 semi v france to shake the hands of every french player. every other all black walked off without acknowledging the french. not jonah. he must have been hurting as badly as any one of them but he made a point of congratulating each and every one of the french.

class act in every respect.

• Like 2

Wow, so very sad. the world of sport lost a great one. One of the most exciting and explosive sportsman ever in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amazing rugby player and totally awesome to watch. Its hard to believe such a big man could move the way he did with power, agility and pace.

A sad loss indeed.

RIP Jonah

Feel I should add, some of my greatest youthful memories were playing the Jonah Lomu PlayStation game. Whoever got the All Blacks would win, cause you would cut out pass to Lomu on the wing, and then palm the entire opposition team. They would all be lying on the ground. Then you would run around the goal posts, back to your try line and then palm off the entire team again before scoring a magnificent try. It was the most hilarious and satisfying thing you could do. We would be in fits of giggles. Will miss him.

Sent from my iPhone

RIP Jonah... As Ken mentioned I will never forget his display of sportsmanship post that semi against France...he is immortal..