Best harvest in recent years

Just saw this.

According to Hiroshi Robaina and Hector Prieto 2014-2015 is the best harvest they've had in years.

http://www.havanainsider.com/cubas-2014-2015-cigar-harvest-best-in-recent-years/

Looking forward to 2017 production!

• Like 4

reporting in aug-sep of the year on the harvest of tobacco in Cuba is suspicious to begin with, since the harvest happens in feb-mar of the same year

The information about harvests in Cuba is the state kept secret and I had never heard/read or was told, by a Cuban farmer and /or Cuban official, that harvest of any particular year was not the best in years. I had not paid attention until the late 1980s and it had not happened, yet.

Lately, the only sources that sell "great harvests" in Cuba are JS and the official Cuban newspaper and they are really late with the news

The information about harvests in Cuba is the state kept secret and I had never heard/read or was told, by a Cuban farmer and /or Cuban official, that harvest of any particular year was not the best in years.

In EVERY documentary on Cuba, with interviews of farmers or HSA heads, you hear that the last harvest was fantastic, one of the best ever.

I remember Alejandro Robaina singing the praises of the 2003/2004 harvest… and 2005 proved to be one of the worst year for habanos…rolleyes.gif

it is not marketing - more like brainwashingpotty.gif

Aren't those synonyms?