NFL Week One Opinions?

By end of tomorrow you will have watched your team go around this season for the first time.

Are you filled with hope or despair based on what you have seen?

Bucs are aiming for back to back number one draft pick lmao.gif ........what a woeful performance at home. It must be nice to be booed off the field by your home fans at halftime.

I predicted a 6-10 season for the Bucs. I will revise that to 2-14 after week one.

I don't really have a team but I will be rooting for the Bills this year. What a fun team to watch, and their D will only get better with the return of Dareus.

I was shocked at how poor Miami looked today, despite winning. Also, Denver is a totally different team these days. Their defense will keep them in games, not their QB. But that might be enough.

Fun first Sunday for sure.

Minor rant, but why the hell couldn't the Chiefs played like that when I was still in Kansas? When I was a freshman in college (almost 20 years ago) my room mate brought out a bottle of super expensive whiskey (Jameson lol). The idea was to take a shot everytime the Chiefs scored a TD, we didn't get to crack the bottle for like 3 games. Now they just ran over my Texans lol.

Brian Hoyer sucks, but that is a surprise to no one except Bill O'brien.

I was worried about the Hawks O-Line and they didn't play well against the Rams today.

Still very concerned about their team this year. They just didn't look as good in the pre season as they have in the past. Now they go to Green Bay and that's a tough place to win.

I hope they don't get off to a 0-2 startsad.png

It looks to me like the Denver Broncos offensive line is not in sink yet with the addition of Matthis and the 1st year center. Peyton didn't do it with his arm. The Broncos pass rush was relentless. Denvers inside linebackers and defensive lineman stuffed the run and forced Baltimore to pass. The DB's had great coverage and came up with timely interceptions. Special teams played well.

The 10 minute drive by the offense near the end of the game was awesome.Peyton made a bunch of audibles during that drive to put us in the right run. Ronnie Hillman ran the ball well and the line made the right adjustments. The Broncos won't be able to audible like that on Thursday in Kansas City.

Pretty much the same old Redskins! tantrum.gif Too many penalties. Horrible special teams play. Why that coach has not been dumped I do not know. Cousins still throws interceptions. The offensive line played very well. Giving up only one sack. Running game was good. Injuries to Jackson and Ihenacho bad. Defense played pretty well. Especially early on.

Team isn't deep enough to not run out of steam late in the game. Sigh....

My Jets had a great defensive performance, but it was against a sub par team. Hopefully the injuries sustained to the defense are not season ending and those guys can bounce back quickly.

I'm happy about the week one performance, but being a Jet fan you can never expect too much.

I need help picking a team, my interest has been piqued off the back of the Hayne Plane.

What is the NFL equivalent of the Cronulla Sharks?

A team that has never won anything of substance

Dogged by off field scandals over the last few years

Not flashy, but grinders that graft their way to victory.

Slowly but surely on the way up at the moment with a reasonably bright future.

Thoughts?

My Vikings play tonight, so I'll reserve judgement until then. I take my 2 sons to Minnesota to a Viking game each year, and a month ago picked the Ram game. I picked this mostly because former Mountaineers play a big role with St. Louis. No only does that game now look to be a good one, but was glad to see the former eers(Austin & Bailey) play huge roles in their win!