My first winedor complete

Anth87

Hi all

Thanks to those who assisted with my questions - after 6 days of airing out she's finally operational ( room for more boxes hehe)1f250ebe34f771bc60cfdfc6225cefa7.jpgb98997161e513717a13fc92b93e9d163.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Oooooh . . . I sees me some Punch Punch! :cigar:

Do anything fancy with the electronics? Or just plug up the drain holes and let her rip?

looking good! Welcome to the dark side, let us know when (not if) its filled and you need more space!

And at my current rate of 24:24 binges dong reckon I'll need long to fill! First box of punch punch haven't sampled yet looking fwd to it!

Very nice. I think that will work well for you through maybe end of year!

Thanks - couldn't have set it up properly without everybody's valuable and friendly assistance and suggestions :) - so guess I can blame you all for my spiralling visa bill is that how it works ? ???

There's been a ton of wineador discussion on here, but has anyone ever condensed it into a summary list of steps, like a sort of cheat sheet depending on how deep you want to go? 1. Simple version (plug it in and pack it full! :cigar: ), 2. Simple + Active Humidification, 3. Custom Controller + Active Humidification + extra fans + custom drawers. Or whatever the natural evolution of the wineador ought to be?

There's been a ton of wineador discussion on here, but has anyone ever condensed it into a summary list of steps, like a sort of cheat sheet depending on how deep you want to go? 1. Simple version (plug it in and pack it full! cigar.gif ), 2. Simple + Active Humidification, 3. Custom Controller + Active Humidification + extra fans + custom drawers. Or whatever the natural evolution of the wineador ought to be?

... I thought that was my function...! -LOL

• Like 1

My experience with my wineador is that the humidity always seems to fall to the bottom. I noticed your setup and based on the your placement of your humidity packs the top of your wineador might be under humidified. You should take some readings inside your boxes (put in a hydrometer in the box for about 24 hours and see what its is). The bottom of the humidor tends to get up to 70% and that is with having 1/2 lb of 65% humidity beads on the bottom. I never refill these, these work very hard to keep the humidity down.

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with my wineador is that the humidity always seems to fall to the bottom. I noticed your setup and based on the your placement of your humidity packs the top of your wineador might be under humidified. You should take some readings inside your boxes (put in a hydrometer in the box for about 24 hours and see what its is). The bottom of the humidor tends to get up to 70% and that is with having 1/2 lb of 65% humidity beads on the bottom. I never refill these, these work very hard to keep the humidity down.

This could be really convenient for someone using 65% Bovedas. Just swap the top bovedas for the bottom every 3 months. I actually do this with my San Francisco Bovedas and my Saigon Bovedas!