FOH International Blind Tasting Cigar Number 5!

El Presidente

Welcome to Cigar Number Five of the 2015 International Blind tasting Competition. party.gif.

The last one!

1. You have until September the 1st to submit your guess for Cigar Number five,

2. When you have your answer, please e-mail it to Lisa ([email protected]). This must be done by Sep 1st. You can e-mail Lisa your nominations for cigars 5 at any time. However once nominated, your answer cannot be changed. Take your time lol3.gif
  3. I will have a spreadsheet of the answers up the following week.

4. I encourage you to post a review here of Cigar Number Five..but do not disclose your answer. It is always great to read the reviews after the cigar has been disclosed.

Good Luck!spotlight.gif

Smoked mine a while back. From memory it was all over the place, tasted different on nearly every draw and I could barely work out any flavours beyond some coffee and maybe some cocoa. I'm clueless.

I'm 0 from 4 so lets see if can get the full Duck.

By far and away the best cigar of the 5. Pearler. Cracker. Beaut. My note said:

Sweet milky coffee. Baking spice. Lemon meringue? Gains leather and spice. Stunner. 95/100

I actually don't give a monkeys if I'm wrong on this one, there's no way I'm winning. I would like to have more though. Lovely cigar.

Cigar #5 for me also had a blotchy wrapper. Construction looked good and over all the flavors were fairly middle of the road, leather with suggestions of milk and cinnamon. Not much change until the last third which became noticeably stronger. I'd give it an 89.

Thanks to the Czar crew for putting on another fun Blind Cigar Challenge!

Smoked this one today...VERY NICE! By far, best of the five cigars in the tasting. I'll post more later...

Now that the cigar has been revealed, here are my tasting notes...

First 1/3: First couple of puffs...PARTAGAS!!! Wow, what's that? Creamy coffee, then COCOA!!! LOTS of cocoa!!! Never had this in a Partagas before...VR or Monte???

Second 1/3: One word...COCOA!!! Definitely VR...

Final 1/3: Cocoa fades to black coffee. Yep, VR.

Guess I was wrong!

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the cigar has been revealed, here are my tasting notes...

First 1/3: First couple of puffs...PARTAGAS!!! Wow, what's that? Creamy coffee, then COCOA!!! LOTS of cocoa!!! Never had this in a Partagas before...VR or Monte???

Second 1/3: One word...COCOA!!! Definitely VR...

Final 1/3: Cocoa fades to black coffee. Yep, VR.

Guess I was wrong!

This is pretty similar to what I thought. Pure chocolate/cocoa for the 1st third, was thinking Monte or VR, had a few puffs that i thought could be Partagas towards the back end of the 2nd third then the last third was just a bit hot and dirty.

• MoeFOH unpinned this topic