Found these on local craigslist for $200 a box. Fakes I presume.

NCPANTHERZFAN

A good rule of thumb: if you need to question authenticity, then it is most likely fake.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever bought authentic Cuban cigars of Craigslist?

I wasn't purchasing, I was looking for a back up humidor. I saw these and even I knew they were fake. I sent the seller a message to inform him he was ripped off. He continues to state they authentic. I believe he/she may be the actual person who is trying to pass these off, and not an actual victim.

Here's their info for the cigars

"We went on vacation and legally brought back some cigars. I was going to buy a nice box and display them but since none of us smoke cigars this kind of was a waste."

If you don't smoke cigars why buy them.

I don't drink wine but hey I'll go buy a couple of bottles for a few hundred dollars a piece and put them on my shelf for looks. You display ball cards, pictures, old toys and such. You don't display HQ cigars you smoke them. Unless their fake. ok.gif

I look on Craigslist regularly for cigar stuff, mainly old ashtrays, boxes and stuff, but I would never buy cigars or humidors, you never know what someone has done to them.

I wasn't purchasing, I was looking for a back up humidor. I saw these and even I knew they were fake. I sent the seller a message to inform him he was ripped off. He continues to state they authentic. I believe he/she may be the actual person who is trying to pass these off, and not an actual victim.

I did the same, did they tell you to buy them or F--- OFF like they did me. LOL

• Like 1

I did the same, did they tell you to buy them or F--- OFF like they did me. LOL

Of course! Either frauds or too embarrassed to acknowledge they had been had.

It was admirable for you to try to educate him and tell him the truth, but sometimes is not worth it. When I see fakes online I just laugh and move on.

• Like 1

A good rule of thumb: if you need to question authenticity, then it is most likely fake.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever bought authentic Cuban cigars of Craigslist?

ok.gif

no.gif *sigh* Obvious

The infamous 'glass top' Cohiba fakes.....nice.

I'd almost like to have a box, just to have. I'd give him $5 right now.....innocent.gif

Yup!

Scored 21 Coro Tubos for $240 CDN. Everything checked plus they had the new hologram bands. Smoke tested positive. One of the best cigars I've had in awhile and had the typical Coro flavor profile.

But everything else I've ever seen is pure garbage.

Cheers

EZTRGT

Kyle

I sent the guy this picture of my Siglio VI box I just received to let him know what his box should look like.

I doubt he will be appreciative though.

post-25630-0-58654800-1436107426_thumb.j

post-25630-0-10898500-1436107459_thumb.j

This is what cigars all over the USA are going to look like post embargo lift. #realorfake will be the topic of Cuban cigars, not did you enjoy that beautiful RASS?

*yawn*

Sanctuaries like FOH will be heaven. My two cents.

Cuba have released new boxes due to shortage of wood. According to a Cuban source they had surplus production capability for plexiglass, and decided to use this for cigars, initially for those sold in Cuba only, but likely soon also for export

a725b721394df567f212a15c2c0e693a.jpg

I hear the cellophane works with the plexiglass in the curing process and ages the cigars to perfection in a matter of weeks (maybe even days!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Cuba have released new boxes due to shortage of wood. According to a Cuban source they had surplus production capability for plexiglass, and decided to use this for cigars, initially for those sold in Cuba only, but likely soon also for export

a725b721394df567f212a15c2c0e693a.jpg

Well played, sir!

fake.

relax, visit the forum and http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/ and in few weeks you will be able to look at boxes like that and say why they are fake.

You are absolutely correct. It's been a few weeks and I have managed to get a wealth of information from FOH to help me spot fakes. This information is now not necessary as I have become a faithful customer of Rob!