NHL Playoffs

Blackhawks know there supporters are behind them f@#k Tampa lets see the welcome they get when we are at home.

GO HAWKS!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BLACKHAWKS

I've played hockey, too, so I get what you're saying. But ultimately it comes down to the fact that these guys get paid a ridiculous amount of money to play a game. Nobody can realistically expect a

Hawks Win! 11 more to go!

Is anyone here barracking for Tampa Bay?

I would say I'm not really rooting for or against either team - this time around I really don't care who wins.

One the one hand, I want to root for Chicago because: Original Six, real hockey market, and Toewes played his college hockey here in town, so he's basically a local boy.

On the other hand, I want to root for Tampa because: Red Wings connections (Filppula on the ice, Yzerman in the front office), Chicago has already won a couple of Cups in recent years, and if you bounce my boys from the post-season you damned well better go on to win the Cup.

Both teams are basically built the same, though I think Tampa has the edge in terms of depth in the D pairings. But other than that I'd think this should be a pretty evenly matched series. Fans of either team will likely disagree with me, but I really hope this one goes into 7 games and lot of OT along the way. smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Is this for real?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/06/01/bernstein-tampa-bay-lightning-ticket-policy-is-pathetic/

I'm has a quick look on the US ticketmaster and couldn't see any reference to it. Outrageous!

I don't think this is a new thing. I think Montreal has done that in the past? Maybe some others, too.

I'm actually okay with restricting ticket sales to in-state only - how hard would it really be to get around that problem?. But I think the "no Bad Guy sweaters in these areas" is crap. If I live in Tampa and am a Blackhawks fan, I'm wearing whoever's colors I want to wear. I'm pretty sure tax payer money was used to build Amalie Arena, so I don't see how they can censor something like that. If it was entirely privately funded and no public dough was involved at all, then it would be a different matter - I still wouldn't like the policy, but nobody is forcing anyone to attend.

I think that particular policy is more bark than bite. What are the arena security people going to do? Cause a big commotion and make a scene removing a Chicago fan? With all those cameras and international press around? Yeah, I don't think so. But here's to hoping a local Blackhawks fan wears his sweater with pride and gets kicked out - I would love to see the lawsuit after something like that.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Is anyone here barracking for Tampa Bay?

Based on the amount of former Rangers on the Tampa roster (Callahan/Boyle/Stralman) and have watched them for many years in NY, I'm not necessarily behind Tampa, but would be real happy for those guys if they pull it off. Hawks are playing real good hockey. Should be real good series.

This is all sounds familiar honestly... Hawks fan will cheer on the Hawks while most other team supporters will root for the Lightning... Reminds me of the days when Detroit dominated (and broke my heart on many occasions!)

Seems Chicago reminds me of the red wings (not there yet) in their prime while Tampa is being compared to Chicago when they were on the verge....

Khomeinist, the Hawks also rebuilt "properly" so that argument holds no weight but if you were a Sabres fan living in Illinois for a long time I can understand why you may not cheer them on....

Bandwagon-fans... Well, they are everywhere but again, I've lived in LA and I've seen the true definition of bandwagon fans and in my opinion you've got it all wrong... Hockey isn't the type of sport that really attracts bandwagon fans, at least not like the NBA or NFL...

Also, LETS GO HAWKS!!!

Just stirring the pot before the finals. Yeah. I like how the Hawks built up too. And Kane is from Buffalo so....

The Hawks were weakly supported for years but obviously questionable ownership was the main factor and hockey needs the major markets to be competitive. All trolling aside, I just hope for a good series.

• Like 1

Just stirring the pot before the finals. Yeah. I like how the Hawks built up too. And Kane is from Buffalo so....

The Hawks were weakly supported for years but obviously questionable ownership was the main factor and hockey needs the major markets to be competitive. All trolling aside, I just hope for a good series.

Thanks for stirring the pot, keeps things interesting and I for one need to stay humble because I've been hearing so much "the hawks have the experience" talk I'm beginning to believe we can easily win this and that is NOT the case...

SmittyinNY, being a Rangers fan (and I truly believed they would win it all this year BTW) what should the hawks be weary of....?

Oh man, I took my attention away from the game to send Diana an email for some montes and the kid scores the first....

Think I'm developing a stomach ulcer. Tough series so far with neither side leading by more than a goal over 4 games and all tied up at 2 all. Corey Crawford was huge tonight, as was Keith, Toews and Saad. Ugly win but that's what can keep you in the series. Hopefully as they tire, Kane can pull out a few magic tricks. GO HAWKS!

Tied up 2-2 forget the ulcer my blood pressure must be thru the roof you guys in the States and Canada should here me from downunder the neighbors think I've lost the plot.

GO HAWKS

• Like 1